GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exhausting Effort

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Exhausting Effort Empty
PostSubject: Exhausting Effort   Exhausting Effort Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:04 am

Time to quiet down the OCC. Ever since I purchased the OCC its only had straight pipe & short at that (Stopped before the R. Rear Wheel)

The Mrs. actually liked the way it sounds Suspect That was until the other day when she noticed she was unable to hear a ambulance Soooooooo now it's time for a change.

I have purchased a 3" 9C1 Crossover Pipe #40299 along with a 2.5" int. pipe #44915, the correct 2.5" offset / offset muffler #17696, and a 2.5" over the axle pipe #43052. From there I will turn it out behind the rear tire.

I am also looking at putting a set of shorties on it later on, to clean up the eng compartment and to add some rumble to it.

Will post up some pics as I get working on it, hope it comes out half way decent
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
jimbeau

Exhausting Effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhausting Effort   Exhausting Effort Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:49 am

Props to your Mrs.
You have chosen... wisely.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Exhausting Effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhausting Effort   Exhausting Effort Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:23 am

I have a set of shorty headers if you are interested send me a PM.

Tim
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Exhausting Effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhausting Effort   Exhausting Effort Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 pm

DONE - Finally, and I think it sounds half way decent.

She on the other hand is NOT in agreement with me as she says its now to quiet. So now I am off to hunt for a set of shorties for it, and see if I can find a stock LT1 cam to throw in it for a little more thump

Last edited by 1phastsswagon on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

Exhausting Effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhausting Effort   Exhausting Effort Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:51 pm

can tail pipe be bough without resonators ?? i was thinking of making a set of mustang gt pipes fit, love the chrome look of them
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Exhausting Effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhausting Effort   Exhausting Effort Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 pm

After the #43052 over axle pipe its all fabricated. She had the exhaust guy exit it right after the spare tire hump, and shelly had a chrome down spout tip put on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhausting Effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhausting Effort   Exhausting Effort Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhausting Effort
Page 1 of 1