GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
sherlock9c1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sherlock9c1

sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Empty
PostSubject: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:00 am

All, just cross-posting from the other forum that apparently Ford has discontinued the largest-diameter 21mm stock swaybar. These bars are also sought after by Grand Marquis and Crown Vic enthusiasts so no doubt word will be getting out shortly on their forums if it hasn't already.

Now is the time to buy if you want one. Part number: YW7Z-5A772-CA
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 am

ordered ome from http://fordpartsdiscountoutlet.com/ford/crown-victoria-parts/
$60.xx out the door with shipping.

also guy on EBay has about 6 or 7 and they are about 65 shipped.
local dealer said he could order one and it was 63 (list price) plus sales tax, so I saved only a couple of bucks but don't have to drive to the dealer twice.

Been meaning to buy one for some time, figure now is the time.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 am

Yeah, I picked one up from the Ebay guy this morning. I think he's in CT.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Ordered one as well, another procrastinator here that needed that little push.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Meh. They'll be all over the yards here for awhile.

Need to go actually GET one.

Maybe tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 pm

They are not easy to find. I got really lucky finding one as quickly as I did. I have continues to look for Mtrhead and 200OZ and had little luck finding any more, but if you can find it in a yard. You will save $$$. I bought a set of HD bushings for $10 from summit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Hmm....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Do all P71's have these? There is always about 5-6 of them at the JY since they have a scrapping contract for two police departments...
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Actually I think the P71s DIDN'T get these. The more spring rate you have, the less antiroll bar you need, and vice versa. If you have stock roadmaster or caprice springs, you can run a lot more swaybar than if you have stiffer springs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Are all the 21mm swaybars the same for all years CV?
Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Got my new 21mm sway bar today,kinda surprised at how small it is.Does anyone remember what
length the end links were?
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 pm

I finally got it installed and am loving it! I still have to make some adjustments, something is banging over large bumps. Aside from that it's amazing how much better this yacht handles around turns.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I need to install mine too. It came and I threw it in the garage with the rest of Jade's parts. Maybe should put it on the ole' L03 I'm driving all the time.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Just got mine installed tonight. The car feels more confident but definitely gained more from replacing the front end links IMHO.

It's a compromise fit using the parts suggested. The sway bar end geometry has the bushings deformed at all times, and it's a byproduct of the bar not being intended for this car. The Energy Suspension end links deformed enough to handle it, but the geometry is definitely non-optimal. I tried a bunch of methods to make the geometry better, such as flipping the bar over and drastically shortening the links, but that puts the holes in an unusable spot on the cross brace. I ended up using the existing holes and just opening them out to 25/64" which seemed to work fine.

To that end, I may look for a different vehicle sway bar in my non-existent free time and use links that look more like this:
sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Main

I would still recommend this mod, just know that the perfectionist in you will hate the way the end links will look.
Back to top Go down
eagle-co94

eagle-co94

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 am

Anyone have a pic of how the swaybar looks on the car and how the endlinks look? I'm just getting started with mods and am trying to figure out which way to go. I just checked the Ford site linked above and it's now $130 for one of these.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:01 am

Look here on the ISSF. That picture makes the endlink mismatch look better than it is. If your car is lower than stock in the rear, the mismatch is minimized at ride height. It gets pretty distorted when the rear axle drops down all the way.
Back to top Go down
eagle-co94

eagle-co94

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:33 am

Okay, now this is odd. I looked at the same part number in lower case with no hyphens and it shows as a different part and price! It comes up as $42.62!

I searched online and found a website via crownvic.net which is tascaparts.com and their price is $41.13 and shipping is only $10 for up to 2 bars and goes up only slightly from there. I will order mine today probably. If anyone else in Florida is interested in one let me know and we can split shipping. I'm in Polk County and Jacksonville about once a month and Tampa every 2-3 months so we could arrange something if you're not in South Florida near Hollywood/Miami.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:02 pm

Tasca Ford is who my swaybar came from, and it was $65 shipped. You are getting a better deal through your site!
Back to top Go down
eagle-co94

eagle-co94

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Does anyone have the part numbers for the Energy suspension swaybar mounts an end links that are recommended for this install? My bar arrives tomorrow and I'd like to put it on asap. I got Spring springs and lowering shocks today so those will likely go on by tomorrow too, depending on how low the rear end gets the stock springs may go back on.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

lmk when you get those parts numbers, I need to order as well! Maybe we can have a swaybar party, lol.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Sprocket wrote:
lmk when you get those parts numbers, I need to order as well! Maybe we can have a swaybar party, lol.

The parts I bought, got these from the ISSF thread:
Sway bar end links: Energy Suspension PN 9.8125
Greasable sway bar bushings: Energy Suspension PN 9.5157

Went to WF and back with the bar and love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued   sway bar discontinued - WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WARNING - CrownVic rear swaybar 21mm discontinued
Page 1 of 1