GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype

Go down 
+14
benn
Fred Kiehl
Roadagon
1phastsswagon
a1awind
Olds Weighty Eight
95BRMW
hueterm
Sprocket
sto
jasonlachapelle
BigBlackBeaSSt
DROLDS2U
jimbeau
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 pm

ill drop the tank in my parts car if someone needs them asap, make me an offer worth my time to do it
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 am

Do we have any repro gas tank straps avail to us yet? thanks ed
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Stingroo wrote:
DROLDS2U wrote:
is it so hard to find originals

For us in FL? Not so much.

Everyone else? Yeah, sometimes. Sedan and wagon straps are different.
Sedan straps are always different from wagon straps.

They are still difficult to find in FL. I have only seen about 6 sets that were still good in the last year or so.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:57 pm

^^^^ new sedan tank straps are avail for purchase unlike ours....One more month and they should be though...
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks, Can the forum member that has been close to the manufacturer of these
wagon gas tank straps please notify us when they are available. ed
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Has anyone ordered these yet? Did they ever get made? I have a spare set, but may need to use them... Would like to buy some of these...
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Were the prototypes ever returned to Spectra to initiate production?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:26 pm

They never asked for them back, and haven't contacted me since.

Weird business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Ray,do you have the prototype straps sent to you by spectre and have you verified fitment?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Yep to both
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Pretty sure they want them back after your making sure they fit and they probably thought you
knew that already.Call them tomoorow and verify this and send the straps back asap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 pm

I have called and emailed, they said they didn't need them back.
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:47 am

Does anyone have an update on the fuel tank straps ,mostly need to know when they will be available. ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 am

Nope. They haven't contacted in quite some time.

Ah well. I tried.
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:33 pm

I recently ordered the Spectra straps for my RMW on Amazon.com, and received a delivery confirmation date today. The price with NYS sales tax (8%) was $54.52 delivered. There was no shipping charge as I'm registered for Amazon Prime. Hoo-ray!
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 pm

soooo they're available now??
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:50 pm

My original order was made on May 22nd. with the item out of stock. I was told that my account would be charged when the item became available again and the item shipped. I received the shipping notification today with a delivery date set for tomorrow. I just checked the Amazon web page for the straps, and it appears they're temporarily out of stock again. There is the option of ordering them the way I did, for a future delivery date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 pm

What part number did they give you for the straps you ordered on Amazon?
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Stingroo wrote:
What part number did they give you for the straps you ordered on Amazon?

i did a quick google.

st185 is wagon, st186 is sedan
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:13 pm

I just ordered a set from rockauto, they said only one set remaining.  These were the ST185 straps as well, just got a fedex tracking number.  Are these back in production or did RA find a random set somewhere?
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 pm

The Amazon part number is ST185. They're for the Roadmaster Estate Wagon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Huh. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:26 pm

So where can we buy these for the wagon??
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Dude really.  Your first post and you did not read the thread?
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 pm

I read the whole thing...
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Well it has been kind of frustrating.  Spectra has threatened to make these straps several times and even have a part number (had for years).  I contracted them with interest as many other folks have, but no straps.  Ray sent them a set and they made a prototype cheers Very Happy Smile Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad But still it goes no where.  Two guys have ordered sets that mysteriously appear on Amazon and Rockauto and we await to see if they actually get wagon straps.
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:00 pm

ok, thank you.  your first answer wasnt what I was looking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Kelly,you have a beautiful wagon,is that Adam's caprice?
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:19 pm

I am the 3rd owner of this car.  1st owner was an older man, who passed away, his son got it and never used it.  21000 original miles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:24 pm

You are definitely the lowest mileage wagon here.I am the second owner of my OCC with 74000 miles showing and I have owned it for 9 years.Are your straps rusted thru with just 21000 miles showing?
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:31 pm

no, I broke a bolt on one of them removing the tank, I was just looking for all new straps..(the diagonal strap..)
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:46 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Well it has been kind of frustrating.  Spectra has threatened to make these straps several times and even have a part number (had for years).  I contracted them with interest as many other folks have, but no straps.  Ray sent them a set and they made a prototype cheers Very Happy Smile Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad But still it goes no where.  Two guys have ordered sets that mysteriously appear on Amazon and Rockauto and we await to see if they actually get wagon straps.

I had mine shipped to a friend's house (where the fuel pump died Mad). I'll see if he can get me some pics of the actual product, he told me they did arrive cheers
Back to top Go down
BuickBarry

PostSubject: More on gas tank straps   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi, brand new member here, with two rather shabby RMWs. My gas tank straps also appear to be on the way out, with the ends unfolding from around the bolts because the spot welds that held the folded-over ends to the strap have popped--I think.

Anyway, called Spectra in both Ottawa and Boucherville to ask about P/N ST185. Answer: there are none in Canada right now, and no, you can't place an advance order or back-order them. Boucherville thought they might be available in December and told me to try calling on mid-December.

Went to RockAuto, where the website said there was just one left, so I ordered it. By the time it gets here, IF it gets here, it'll be over $70.

Jason Lachapelle, if you read this, are you now in Comox? It's been years, I guess. Thought you were in Ottawa.

Barry
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Welcome BuickBarry, in short, Jason is, and was......

Where 'bouts are you in Canadia? There are members here that run the boarders, smuggling parts back and forth.
Back to top Go down
BuickBarry

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:07 pm

I am in Ottawa, Canada, where the weather will soon bring snow, which will bring salt, which will bring rust, which...I don't wanna think about it.

RockAuto just confirmed they have shipped the straps. Now all I need to do is find a way to stop the leak from the oil filter adapter. Does it never end?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:31 pm

No, it does not. The newest of these cars is already almost 18 years old....... and stuff wears out.

Barry, could you introduce yourself in the introduction section. This way we don't derail this thread.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:50 am

BuickBarry wrote:
Jason Lachapelle, if you read this, are you now in Comox? It's been years, I guess. Thought you were in Ottawa.
Currently in Comox. I was in Ottawa 09-12.

Superior Finish wrote:
Barry, could you introduce yourself in the introduction section. This way we don't derail this thread.
Good call. Also, Barry, I can't quite recall who you are. Send me a PM to remind me.
Back to top Go down
BuickBarry

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:40 pm

The gas tank straps arrived from RockAuto. Looking good.
Back to top Go down
BuickBarry

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:08 am

Working on the tank strap installation. Need to make sure the bolts are right. Did introduce m'self, ineptly.

I'm told I "haven't reached the post limit" for sending PMs here, so I hope I don't mess up the thread. Jason, you offered kind advice on the Impala forum years ago, beginning "First, welcome to ISSF. Second, no, that wasn't me with the funeral car. There are a couple of guys here in Ottawa that know their stuff, namely Bill (convert2diesel) and Jason Wren (jayoldschool).

You'll have to provide me with more details about your car. Are there any mods ? What's the mileage ? What gears does it have ? What`s the maint history ? Why did your car fail the emissions ? Even a car with headers should pass emissions!" Then you advised to replace the valve springs. Good idea, but then...

I will let y'all know what happens with the strap installation. As well, I'm curious about where RockAuto is getting theirs and whether Spectra will produce any.
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 pm

I ordered the straps from RockAuto about two months ago. When they arrived I was displeased to find only two pieces in the box; the third "cross" piece was missing.

I returned them and ordered another set since their inventory showed a couple remaining. Then they called me to tell me they didn't have any left and wouldn't be getting any anytime soon. But now they've sold you their last one, two months later; strange!

I ended up getting mine from Amazon for over $70. They are out of stock now, too.

Do you guys know what the finish is on them? I'm going to go over mine with red Scotch-Brite pads and then paint them with some Rustoleum to give them a fighting chance under there.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:06 pm

The are just zinc plated, no paint. I have a set of really nice used ones for sale with bolts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The are just zinc plated, no paint. I have a set of really nice used ones for sale with bolts.
Mind telling how much those "really nice used ones"are going to cost us?lol! 
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 pm

$40 plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
BuickBarry

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Got the RockAuto straps installed, then saw the fuel gauge was reading empty and the Low Fuel warning light was on. Put in 19 US gallons, but the warning warning light stayed on and the gauge still read empty. Uh-oh. Now I'll have to drive it for...250 miles? and try again.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Double check the connection at the tail light. It's the purple wire. Ground out reads zero on the dash. Unplugged reads full. Easy and free....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2