GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jetfire88

jetfire88

'92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser? Empty
PostSubject: '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser?   '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 am

I haven't verified it yet, but I may be plagued with the early style disappearing condenser.

The FM make it look like an ugly job, any comments from anyone?

Thanks

Jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser?   '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 am

You have to remove the radiator to get to the condenser. It is probably a good time for an antifreeze change anyway. I do not understand the "disappearing condenser", unless someone removed the A/C from the car. It is involved, because of all the parts that have to come out before you get to it. I do not envy you the job. It should take you a good afternoon to acomplish an R&R. The FSM tells you step by tiny step how to do it, and consequently makes it sound more difficult than it is. Think about the whole job. Disconnect the battery first. You have to remove the fan shroud, fan, drain/disconnect the radiator and remove it, remove the two top screws on the core support that hold the retaining clips, detach the AC lines, and it should come out.
Back to top Go down
jetfire88

jetfire88

PostSubject: Re: '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser?   '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:14 pm

I HATE these Senior Moments.

The word that was in my head was EVAPORATOR, but the word that came out of my fingers was CONDENSER.

Any idea how it feels to put the first post in a new category and screw it up?

I will create a new post with the correct question.

Thanks for your reply, Fred.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser?   '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:14 pm

jetfire88 wrote:
Any idea how it feels to put the first post in a new category and screw it up?

Nope.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser?   '92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'92 OCC (or any B-body), anyone ever change an A.C Condenser?
Page 1 of 1