GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Headliner replacement tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GMjonn

GMjonn

Headliner replacement tips Empty
PostSubject: Headliner replacement tips   Headliner replacement tips Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Just got the new headlnier material in for my 94 RMW. Can any one give me some tips on seperating the foam from the backing board?
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Headliner replacement tips   Headliner replacement tips Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Use a wire wheel on a drill or air grinder. Makes a big mess but also makes short work of it.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Headliner replacement tips   Headliner replacement tips Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:24 pm

The wire wheel is pretty quick but you also need to be careful with it. If you put any divots into the backing board, they will show up after gluing the new headliner on. It'd be best to fill/smooth any divots with glue or something first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headliner replacement tips   Headliner replacement tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headliner replacement tips
Page 1 of 1