GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?

Go down 
+4
Fred Kiehl
Sprocket
Krzdimond
buickestate
8 posters
AuthorMessage

How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Empty
PostSubject: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm

There's a nice TBI red interior wagon in my local yard, and I want the 3rd seat cover and the part that goes over the 2nd row seat (the rigid hinged part). Does anyone know how to remove these?

Also, I want the 3rd row seat itself... any tips appreciated.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:50 pm

you'll need tools
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Fascinating... what kind of tools? lol
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 pm

The part with the lock (third seat) needs to have the rivets drilled out. As for the whole assembly, it has been mentioned that it is easier to remove than install....
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

start by pulling up the rubber on the edges you will find a number of small metric bolts that you'll need your socket set to help you remove em
middle seat needs to be unbolted from the floor and it comes out then you'll find some screws that hold the cargo floor down on the floor over the differential

there is a tortion bar inside the cargo floor that helps the rear seat pop up when you pull the release, be cautious around it.

have fun
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
The part with the lock (third seat) needs to have the rivets drilled out. As for the whole assembly, it has been mentioned that it is easier to remove than install....

not if you remove it in one peice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Holy crap, this sounds complicated. :S

It's an OCC with a TBI red cloth 3rd row. I WANT IT Sad
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 pm

it'll take you about an hour at your skill level Razz
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm

I've pulled one on the 92 Buick I parted. Take it all out as one piece, it'll be easier to put back in. Yeah watch out for the torsion bar. Take your time, take photos so you know how to put it back in. It's more time consuming than difficult.

Don't force anything or you'll be sorry. Remember Lynol's looking for that rear passenger door and rear pass side quarter if you haven't heard from him.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Front bumper cover is worth at least 200 clams on the ISSF. I know a guy in Hialeah who is looking for one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Front bumper cover is messed up. Otherwise it would be mine. :p
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 pm

The rear corners of the frame are pop rivered with a corner reinforcement. If you take it out in one piece, it will probably bend, because it is just thin stamped sheet steel. I removed one, and it was not all that hard, but took a couple of hours. I took it all apart, which was probably about an hour of it. It is a lot easier if you leave the seat latch mechanism together. There are a lot of bolts holding it together. I would not mind having the door cladding.

BTW did you get a bracket for the alternator? I have not seen one yet, but I am on the lookout for you.

If the little black socket for the tire cover fastener is there, grab it, they are solid gold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Still haven't found a bracket. Couple people are looking though.

Spare tire cover fastener wasn't there. Fortunately both of our cars have them now. I grabbed some bits.

Also if anyone's interested - there's a 1A2 in this yard with a non-defrost rear glass.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 am

are you deleting posts now you are an admin?

next thing you know you'll be running for president of a car club,.

The longroof forum has become the stingaroo forum
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:00 am

If all you want is the third seat, remove the seat bottom cushion like you would the second row. With the seat locked in the up position undo the push pins that hold the vinyl piece that covers the hinge of the two rear most load floor pieces. Remove two screws near the edges of the hinge that hold the seat back to the load floor. Remove seat back from load floor. A lot easier than removing a whole load floor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 am

Well I want the seat for me, and dad wants the actual metal cover. We'll see what we do. Might just re-attach the one in mom's wagon and go from there. The carpet is messed up, but we're eventually going to wood floor it like mine.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:15 pm

had a change of thought

Last edited by jimbeau on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah, I deleted your post because it added nothing to the thread.

Back on topic: no yard run today. Had to deal with some other stuff.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
If the little black socket for the tire cover fastener is there, grab it, they are solid gold.

What's the going price on these things now? I have a few laying around next to my drawer full of hood light lenses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?   How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to remove cargo floor of TBI cars?
Page 1 of 1