GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

note to self n everyone reading

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

note to self n everyone reading Empty
PostSubject: note to self n everyone reading   note to self n everyone reading Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Do not buy parts from cheap parts stores. My master cylinder bite the dust so I went and bought a Brand NEW noy rebuilt and my brake pedal is the best it has ever been.

Hopefully that is the last cheap part I had on my wagon.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: note to self n everyone reading   note to self n everyone reading Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:03 pm

The only thing I buy at Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts is cleaning supplies. I buy all my real "car" parts from Napa. I learned that lesson many years ago. Really, saving $10-20 to buy some foreign crap is not worth it, as you have just learned. At least at Napa, the parts are excellent, and the guy behind the counter was not selling shoes, or working at Target last week like the guys at the other stores!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: note to self n everyone reading   note to self n everyone reading Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:56 am

I agree. Well last year when I changed out my thermostat for one of those fail safe pieces of ****, was the last cheap part I had put on my wagon, I'm just not sure what I had put on it prior to that.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: note to self n everyone reading   note to self n everyone reading Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am

Napa by me, closed the store which surprised me as it was in a shopping center that catered to the crowd that does their own work as the neighborhood nearby is on the lower side of income scale.

That said we have an excellent chain of family owned parts stores called Bennet Auto down here.
They stock Delco, and I've bought soooo much from them the one manager gives me shop price on anything over $100...although I haven't seen him in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: note to self n everyone reading   note to self n everyone reading Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

note to self n everyone reading
Page 1 of 1