GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Low Miles OCC in NC

Go down 
+8
94X2
scoffman
uxwbill
DROLDS2U
Olds Weighty Eight
81X11
SCbarber
mayneman
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mayneman

mayneman

Low Miles OCC in NC Empty
PostSubject: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 am

Last edited by mayneman on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCbarber

SCbarber

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 am

That won't last long.
Back to top Go down
http://paulthebarber.net
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

If it was closer it'd be in my garage the second my S-10 sells. Would look outstanding next to my Cutlass. Dang.
Back to top Go down
SCbarber

SCbarber

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:38 pm

81X11 wrote:
If it was closer it'd be in my garage the second my S-10 sells. Would look outstanding next to my Cutlass. Dang.

Well worth a road trip.
Back to top Go down
http://paulthebarber.net
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:50 pm

WOW! 58K? It's just a baby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:46 am

I reached out to the seller and requested some good pics of the interior, under the hood, and a shot from under the rear bumper. Also asked how the tires were and if there is anything that would keep the car from making a long road-trip.

I e-mailed last night and again this morning. So far, no reply. I know some sellers do not want to deal with out-of-state buyers. I guess we'll see if I get a reply. I HATE it when a seller does not list a phone number in the ad. In most cases I dismiss the ad just for that...

I really do like the looks of this one, and the miles are spot-on what I want. Airfare from Austin to Charlotte is only $200 (cheaper to fly than taking the Greyhound..ha, I looked!).

Sure wish they'd get me some good pics.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 pm

going to charlotte isnt going to help you much, fayetteville is on the other side of the state
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 am

The sellers wife called me. They are eager to sell it but may already have a buyer for it. I love the white, and being a 92, it's a 350, so will tow my boat.

Her husband is supposed to call me today with more info.

It looks like Orrum is south of Fayetteville. I've not gotten online to look for flights to Fayetteville, only to Charlotte. I can afford Charlotte.

We'll see what happens. I'm hoping the seller will send me some pics.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:21 pm

THIS IS MY NEW CAR!!!!

How was that for fast??? Made a deal with the seller over the phone. Car is in amazingly good shape!

I'm looking for airfare now. He said if I fly into Fayetteville he'll pick me up.

MORE TO COME!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

White over blue. This is going to look SO GOOD next to my Cutlass!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

-Mike
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 pm

81X11 wrote:
THIS IS MY NEW CAR!!!!

How was that for fast??? Made a deal with the seller over the phone. Car is in amazingly good shape!

I'd say that was "fast enough". bounce Way cool! Nice to know it's going to a good home. It'll be interesting to hear what you end up doing with it over time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Looking to fly out on Friday the 31st and that'll give use three days to drive home. My Dad wants to come so he and I are about to have a father-son adventure.

I seriously CAN NOT wait. The next week is going to drag by!!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Just spoke to the seller again. Here's the rundown.

White over blue leather, and the interior is PERFECT.. Will match my Cutlass perfectly! The mark on the hood and bumper is from a bird, and is gone now. Ha! Has the TBI 350 in it.

Car came from an estate sale in Conway South Carolina. Previous owner was 84 years old. The current owner is a REALLY nice guy, and has had it one year, and his wife refuses to drive it (ha).

He said the original owner did the window rollers at the Chevy dealer in South Carolina. He had an issue with one and had them all done (??). Has the receipt

Current owner said when he bought it, it had been in storage and the starter sounded odd, so he put on a new starter, alternator and battery, and it has one-year-old Michelin tires with almost no miles on them. Says the only exterior issue keeping it from looking like a new car is some light scratching in the rear bumper, and on the inside the rear speakers crackle a little when the radio is turned up loud. They’re original to the car. EVERYTHING else is original too. He DID say that every once in a while the Check Engine light comes on. Says it always goes off after a mile or two, but he wanted to be up front. Says car runs and drives like brand new…and yes the Cruise Control works. ; )

He’s going to change the oil in it for me and have the fluids and such topped off before I get there, and even offered to pick me up at the airport in Fayetteville. He said if I find one spot of rust on it I can keep my money, and if he didn’t think I would love the car, he would not tell me to come get it. NICE GUY!

He’s sending me more pics later today. Will post when I have them.

Very cool! Road trip coming up! Can’t wait!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm

I sent pics of the Olds to my buddy that bought my '96 Roady wagon, and he said if I come take it off I can have the under-bumper Hidden Hitch from my Roady. He said he'll never use it.

Anyone know if the 96 Roady and 92 OCC use the same hitch? Same frame, should be the same right? Gotta tow my boat!

Such fun.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Yep. Same exact hitch. Grab that sucker.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:35 pm

I thought the "trash" on the front of the car hood and bumper looked like bird sheet to me. Congratulations on the new addition Mike. Hope She/he/it makes you happy.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Good deal Mike!! I sent an e-mail yesterday to see if I could get a response for you but glad it all worked out. Are you planning on leaving for home that friday? I'm about 50 miles north of Fayetteville.

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:08 pm

WOOHOO,finally!Actually am glad you found a nice wagon that will live up to your expectations.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:41 pm

94X2 wrote:
Good deal Mike!! I sent an e-mail yesterday to see if I could get a response for you but glad it all worked out. Are you planning on leaving for home that friday? I'm about 50 miles north of Fayetteville.

Jon

Plans are still up in the air about what we'll do when we get there. I'm still looking into plane tickets. We'll see.

Thanks for reaching out to the seller yesterday. I was glad to get that call this morning. I wonder if YOU were considered the other interested party that his wife mentioned. Wink

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
WOOHOO,finally!Actually am glad you found a nice wagon that will live up to your expectations.

Thanks Jim. I've MISSED having a wagon. First time since the late 90's I've not had one in the driveway. Just felt wrong.

I hope the car is as good as it looks and sounds once I see it in person. The seller swears I'll love it. I hope so!

Got some advice on having the wheel bearings checked. Not a bad idea before that trip. I don't want to impose to much on the seller, but may ask to have them checked when he has the oil changed. He made it sound like he was taking it to a friend's shop to have that done. We'll see.

Counting the minutes. Going to be a long week!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Just thinking of more stuff, do these have the goofy air shocks in the back or normal coils and shocks?

Not a huge deal, I changed all that out on my Roady. Just curious...I hate the air shocks.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Wow.... OCD. bounce Congratulations Mike, that will be a fun road trip for you and your dad. Can't wait to see what it looks like after you clean it up.

Mike
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm

81X11 wrote:
Just thinking of more stuff, do these have the goofy air shocks in the back or normal coils and shocks?

Not a huge deal, I changed all that out on my Roady. Just curious...I hate the air shocks.

-Mike

Yep it has airshocks, pulled the fuse on mine and seems to ride just fine.
Man I seriously considered driving down and buying that wagon and then selling mine! Mine is extremely clean for the mileage, but yours has 1/2 the miles as mine does! It is my wagons twin, inside and out.
Good luck with the trip!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:47 pm

mayneman wrote:
81X11 wrote:

-Mike

Yep it has airshocks, pulled the fuse on mine and seems to ride just fine.
Man I seriously considered driving down and buying that wagon and then selling mine! Mine is extremely clean for the mileage, but yours has 1/2 the miles as mine does! It is my wagons twin, inside and out.
Good luck with the trip!

Well shoot. At least I know how to change the springs and shocks now. Will most likely do that to tow the boat.

Thank you for NOT buying it! I NEED it. Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:48 pm

200OZ wrote:
Wow.... OCD. bounce Congratulations Mike, that will be a fun road trip for you and your dad. Can't wait to see what it looks like after you clean it up.

Mike

No it's OCC not OCD....

Laughing

Looking forward to the trip!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 pm

If it has the load leveler then it'll have the air shocks. As Mayneman states, it'll do fine without air pressure as my compressor doesn't build any either so the fuse is pulled.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 pm

WOW! Awesome score Mike! That's my holy grail right there! '92 white on blue.

Very excited to see more pics!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Congrats! My offer still stands for Charlotte on the 31st if you need it Wink

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 pm

brokecello wrote:
Congrats! My offer still stands for Charlotte on the 31st if you need it Wink

Chris

Thanks and I'd love to see your car, but I just got the airfare. Flying in to Fayetteville on Sat the 1st...was a lot cheaper than on Friday. Arrive at 5pm. The seller is picking us up at the airport, very cool!

Going to take off Tuesday so we'll have three full days to get home.

Can't wait!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Sounds good! Someday I hope to meet you.. Smile. Hopefully the weather holds out for you guys too!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:38 am

81X11 wrote:
200OZ wrote:

Mike

No it's OCC not OCD....

Laughing

The car is a OCC and Mike has OCD! lol!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:41 am

brokecello wrote:
Sounds good! Someday I hope to meet you.. Smile. Hopefully the weather holds out for you guys too!!

Same here on both comments!

We've been looking at maps tonight and have decided to take the southern route back, and take a full three days, 1300 miles. We're going to go south to Savannah and Jacksonville, then west to Tallahassee, south to Destin, then Mobile, Biloxi, take a side trip to New Orleans, then on to Baton Rouge, Houston, and home to Austin. I think that should be a great drive!

We have family friends that have a condo in Destin and we're going to see if we can spend the night there. It's right on the gulf, would be cool, then oysters in New Orleans the next evening. I've flown Florida numerous times, been all over that state, but have not been south of Elizabeth City NC by car in my life, and have never seen New Orleans.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:12 am

Stingroo wrote:
Yep. Same exact hitch. Grab that sucker.

Looking forward to driving the new Olds out to Fredericksburg to get the hitch. Will back it up to my Roady and swap over right there. It'll be neat to see both whales together. Rich and I are also already talking about doing a side-by-side at Cars and Coffee soon too. Fun stuff!

Will be cool to have more than just one wagon at Cars and Coffee. Gotta spread the word, Save the Whales!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:59 am

Nice Car Mike. You did your due dilligence in the search. I like the leather. My OCC has blue cloth.
Dick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi all. The seller sent me some new pics of the car from today. They were cleaning it out. It had been sitting in the garage a while and the battery was low, which is why it's on a charger....which I wish was not sitting on the bumper paint. Neutral

I've got to clean and detail under the hood, but the rest looks good. It has the leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, electronic climate control, but the most basic radio. Weird.

That said, it's PRETTY!
Low Miles OCC in NC 033
Low Miles OCC in NC 034

He says the flash made the carpet look lighter than it is. It's dark blue and there are no stains. Looks like I'll need some carpet floor mats for the car.
Low Miles OCC in NC 029
Low Miles OCC in NC 024

I didn't know that the OCC's didn't have door lights under the arm rests in the back doors. Wonder if I can snag some from a Roadmaster and add them. Not a big deal, but I like the lights! I do think the rear seat in the OCC looks better than the rear Roady seat. Does not look so flat. Nice!
Low Miles OCC in NC 025

Kinda weird, has the electronic climate control, but the same base radio my 1993 S-10 had.
Low Miles OCC in NC 026

I LOVE the miles. 20-years old...hahaha
Low Miles OCC in NC 032

5.7 TBI. I've got a lot of cleaning to do under here. The rusty nuts on the air cleaner are driving me bonkers. Can't wait to clean under the hood! Also I see it's been retrofitted to 134A on the a/c, but looks like the stock compressor...not a good idea. Bet I'll be doing a/c work in the future. He said it blows cold....we'll see if the compressor is quiet.
Low Miles OCC in NC 027

Spoke to the seller on the phone today, and the car had a full tune-up at 50K miles....in 2008. The alternator, water pump, starter, and battery are all recent. He pulled out the receipt for fixing all the power windows, in 2010...and it was $469...crazy!

Lotas of other recepts too, plus the original owners manual and even dealer paperwork. Can't wait to look through it!

Is it next Saturday yet??

-Mike

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Mike arn't you glad now that I didnt sell you my OCC?Interior is identical to mine and that is a
GOOD LOOKING wagon and I wish I had a 350 sometimes but I get better mileage I think!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:01 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike arn't you glad now that I didnt sell you my OCC?Interior is identical to mine and that is a
GOOD LOOKING wagon and I wish I had a 350 sometimes but I get better mileage I think!

Yeah Jim I'll stop pestering you about it now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:16 am

Gonna try to find a Roadmaster center seat arm rest for the storage and cupholders. Wonder if it has the compass mirror...forgot to ask...and need to ask if he has the keyless entry keychain fobs....

Car is begging for window tint.....and RWL Radial T/A tires.

It's almost fall....cool weather......time to hit the salvage yards and dive into a new project!! cheers
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:33 am

COL wrote:
Nice Car Mike. You did your due dilligence in the search. I like the leather. My OCC has blue cloth.
Dick

Thanks Dick, and looking at gorgeous pics of your blue car is what made me really consider an Olds wagon over another Roady this time around. I LOVED-ADORED my Roadmaster, and will miss the LT1, but really like the looks of the Custom Cruisers, and between your car, Jim's, a certain one in Memphis, and our new member from NC....plus others....well I decided to go with an OCC this time. I loved everything about the '89 OCC I had before the Roady...except the gutless 307. Hopefully the TBI 350 will be fine for me. I'm sure it will.

THAT SAID, I noticed your car has a 5.7 badge on the air cleaner.....and mine does not. That scares me! The seller of mine swears it's a 5.7. If I fly to North Carolina and it has a 5.0 I'm going to be UPSET. I hope some had the 5.7 decal and some did not.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:24 am

81X11 wrote:
I've got to clean and detail under the hood, but the rest looks good. It has the leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, electronic climate control, but the most basic radio. Weird.
That's a UM6 radio and I don't think it actually is the most basic offering. There is or should be an AM/FM only option without cassette as well. (Your S-truck of the time would have likely had an AM only radio option. The fullsize trucks of the time certainly did.)

Only way to go from the UM6 is up to the Bose cassette sound system or CD player so far as I know. Delco had the UX1 (AM stereo (!!), chrome tape support and an EQ) that was offered in some cars, but I don't see it mentioned in the Caprice owner's manual for 1993. I'd love to know if any of the 91-93 whales got a factory CD player (as that is mentioned in the owner's manual).

81X11 wrote:
That said, it's PRETTY!
Yes, it very definitely is! Smile

81X11 wrote:
I've got a lot of cleaning to do under here. The rusty nuts on the air cleaner are driving me bonkers.
You probably wouldn't like the underhood arrangement of my wagon, then! Wink

81X11 wrote:
Also I see it's been retrofitted to 134A on the a/c, but looks like the stock compressor...not a good idea. Bet I'll be doing a/c work in the future.
I'm curious...why do you say that about the stock compressor? As best I knew it (and I'm certainly not an expert)...GM used the R4 compressor with both R12 and 134a refrigerants as they transitioned. They really should have changed that filter/drier though.

81X11 wrote:
Is it next Saturday yet??
Sadly, no. I do hope you find that this wagon is a 350-powered model. (Nosy question: Will you still buy it if it's a 305?) I could definitely believe that GM didn't put the sticker on all models, or that maybe someone even changed the air cleaner box for some reason.

Is it next Saturday now? Very Happy

What's that thing above the glove box that has a pull loop/tab on it?
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:18 am

Mike, not all of them have the 5.7 decal. Mine doesn't have it either.

Car is CLEEEAAAAANNNNNNN. Good score, I say.
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 am

@ 81x11
The 5.7 badge is just a sticker, so could easily have fallen off over the years. Mine still looks really super clean under the hood, maybe why the sticker is still there.
Looking at the interior, looks really, really nice and I like how your front seat belt stanchions are still intact, mine are cracked and those little things sure make a difference........makes me want to go back to the junkyard!

@ uxwbill
The pull loop thing is a stash pocket, only thing I can figure is maybe for a little fold up state map for your co-pilot.....kinda neat, but mine is empty!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:31 pm

uxwbill wrote:
81X11 wrote:
That's a UM6 radio and I don't think it actually is the most basic offering. There is or should be an AM/FM only option without cassette as well. (Your S-truck of the time would have likely had an AM only radio option. The fullsize trucks of the time certainly did.)

Only way to go from the UM6 is up to the Bose cassette sound system or CD player so far as I know. Delco had the UX1 (AM stereo (!!), chrome tape support and an EQ) that was offered in some cars, but I don't see it mentioned in the Caprice owner's manual for 1993. I'd love to know if any of the 91-93 whales got a factory CD player (as that is mentioned in the owner's manual).

- I'd seen the uplevel radio with all the buttons in Lynol's OCC and hoped this car would have it. Not a big deal, and since this is the same exact radio I had in my S-10..I figured it was the base Olds radio for these cars. I still have the factory CD player from my Mom's old '93 Cutlass Convertible, which we replaced when the CD stopped working. I may see if I can have it fixed....I like the stock look. -Mike

81X11 wrote:
Also I see it's been retrofitted to 134A on the a/c, but looks like the stock compressor...not a good idea. Bet I'll be doing a/c work in the future.
I'm curious...why do you say that about the stock compressor? As best I knew it (and I'm certainly not an expert)...GM used the R4 compressor with both R12 and 134a refrigerants as they transitioned. They really should have changed that filter/drier though.

- I've seen a lot of issues with old R4 compressors rattling, locking up, or blowing the front seal when swapped to 134A....and in general not cooling well. At least here in Texas where we run our a/c so hard, doing a "slam retrofit" does not tend to last long. I'll most likely pull it all apart and flush everything out well, and put a new compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube on it before next summer. Fan clutch too, just for extra airflow. Then I won't have to worry about it. Will have to save up a bit for all that though! - Mike

[quote=81X11"]Is it next Saturday yet??
Sadly, no. I do hope you find that this wagon is a 350-powered model. (Nosy question: Will you still buy it if it's a 305?) I could definitely believe that GM didn't put the sticker on all models, or that maybe someone even changed the air cleaner box for some reason.

- I called and had the seller go read the white tag under the hood, and it says 5.7, so happily it IS a 350. I was pretty concerned!! - Mike

Is it next Saturday now? Very Happy

-I WISH...counting the minutes! - Mike

What's that thing above the glove box that has a pull loop/tab on it?[/quote]

-Map pocket. I hear they are pretty small but it's a good place to stash your insurance card. - Mike

Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Beautiful car. I'm glad you got it.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Mike, if the seller provides you the full VIN you could CompNine it and really get all the gritty details. Good news on the engine. Now see if it has the compass mirror and G67 load leveler. Looks like a great OCC!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:36 am

Moving this thread to the Pics section, with road trip pics to follow next week.

I know the Craigslist section gets cleared out now. Didn't want to lose the first pics of the car from the seller. Need "before"pics of the new project....and this car is SOLD....even though he hasn't pulled the ad yet.

Moved here: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t7027-my-new-92-custom-cruiser-compnine-is-awesome#73610

-Mike
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:43 am

81X11 wrote:
uxwbill wrote:

What's that thing above the glove box that has a pull loop/tab on it?

-Map pocket. I hear they are pretty small but it's a good place to stash your insurance card. - Mike

Map pocket. Could also be retrofitted to hold a small hold out sub machine pistol or large bore revolver. Preferably retrofitted with a spring loaded holder for fast access. Something essential for the soon to happen Zombie Apocalypse. Don't forget the wagon rated in the top ten best cars to have for the End of the World Zombie Apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low Miles OCC in NC   Low Miles OCC in NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low Miles OCC in NC
Page 1 of 1