GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heated seat retrofit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
buickwagon

buickwagon

Heated seat retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Heated seat retrofit   Heated seat retrofit Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 am

My RMW has virtually every option -- except heated seats. I don't know why not, this is a Canadian car and the leather really holds the cold when the mercury dips to -40° overnight. I would have ordered the heated seats before, say, the adjustable lumbar support.

Anyway, I was thinking (if I ever get it back from the body shop!) I'd remove the seat covers and take them in to a leather shop for some minor repairs and maybe even refinishing if the colour can be matched. It would be nice to see about installing heating elements at the same time. Surfing eBay, I found there's dozens of vendors offering kits. I kind of like the looks of this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220911363590

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of retrofit?
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Heated seat retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated seat retrofit   Heated seat retrofit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 am

I've taken seat skins off before, and I'm not sure I would call it "easy and fast" like they do in the ad for the product. The bottom seat skin is pretty easy to take off and re install, but the upper one can be a bear to get back on correctly. I'm sure it would work-the concept of a seat heater is pretty basic. I think if I lived where you do, it is something I would do. I've had a few cars with heated seats (my Roady has them) and it is a very nice option for those cold winter mornings.
Back to top Go down

Heated seat retrofit
Page 1 of 1