GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(

Go down 
+2
DBeaSSt
93wgn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
93wgn

93wgn

2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Empty
PostSubject: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:55 pm

I went to the local U-pull junkyard the other day. When I first walked in there was a TBI wgn there. First thing I noticed was the green hoses. Then the ticket light & digital dash. That's right, a 1A2 wagon... stripped now. Sad

Second is an OCC wagon, 77K miles but had a wierd option... NO REAR DEFROST! Rear glass still there and the manual climate control w/o the rear defrost switch provision was there also... Should I grab them??? I got the bumper cover & grille.
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Absolutely grab that rear glass! Manual climate control.... well if you're bored. Wink

Any other Cruiser specific stuff left? Tail lights, grille, wheels, etc....
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:13 pm

I have never seen a defrost-less wagon. Of course, I do live in Canada...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 pm

I got glass for my old OCC up here a couple years ago when mine broke. I had the yard pull it for me. When I got there to pick it up, it had NO DEFROST! Who even knew? I told the guys to pull me one with a defroster so I could use it up here in New England.
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
Absolutely grab that rear glass! Manual climate control.... well if you're bored. Wink

Any other Cruiser specific stuff left? Tail lights, grille, wheels, etc....
Hey Mike,
The cruiser was still fairly complete. The hood was off but I found it under a truck. I pulled the grille(one cracked screwhole) and the front bumper cover. The rest of the cladding was there & in nice shape including the rear bumper. I also snatched the cloth 3rd row out of it. Tails were there & I don't think they were broken. It had wire hubcaps, no alloys.

What kind of money does that glass go for? He told me $50 for the glass & $25 for the climate control.
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:34 am

Those prices seem reasonable but not great. Thing about the defrostless glass is they are not all that common. You could probably hang onto that and make a few bucks.

If it was me, I'd try to snag the whole car to strip. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:38 am

How much for the tail lights? What color is the interior? I am looking for a nice tailgate interior in red, that does not have the top screw holes broken out.
My 92 has the no defrost rear window. Window glass is expensive to ship. I wish I was closer. I would like to swap out my 91 glass, so that I can have a smooth tint job.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:44 am

I would also be interested in the back seat skins from the red cloth OCC.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 pm

I have two wagons sans defroster lines. 91 OCC and a 94 Cappy. is it a 91 or 92? If it's a 91 I'd be interested in the pass front door cladding as the 92s are different in how they attach (of course I have the spare in the wrong year).

was the 1A2 a TBI or LT1? TBI green hoses are harder to find in my travels so they may be desirable to grab too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(   2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 "rare" wagons in the junkyard... :~(
Page 1 of 1