HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

firmer trans shifts ??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

firmer trans shifts ?? Empty
PostSubject: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 pm

what is a PCM tune to get firmer shifts , i definately needsomething done for towing
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 am

Bryan Herter did mine, and its great. The performance went way up cuz he tuned for a few small mods and also raised the trans shift points. It hurt my MPG, but it makes the care "Feel" twice as powerful because its always in the right gear and will downshift WHENEVER you squeeze your right foot! Smile The factory tune didn't allow it to downshift unless you were going really slow, so it always felt like a slouch because it was in the wrong gear.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:18 am

what do you do ship them your computer ???
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm

You can ship them your computer................
or buy an extra and have it shipped to them.............
or your programmer may be able to provide you with an extra..............
or you can buy the cable and software to plug into your computer and they can send you the file.

Bryan has done several cars for me and does a great job.
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Firmer shifts??? Why not just change out the 2nd gear servo and 4th gear servo? Delete accumulator springs for the 1-2 accumulator and the 3-4 accumulator. This will get you firmer shifts without affecting fuel economy. Install a Sonnax Performance kit. Of course, the firm shift will get old after awhile. You can always install firmer shift accumulator springs without removing them completely, think corvette springs. Many ways to get the job done, just depends what you want to do. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I wanted the tune, and shift points raised....
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 am

how much did it effect your MPG
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 am

The shift matrix I had in my wagon shifted butter soft at low throttle position and gradually increased to shift VERY firm when under heavy right foot syndrome.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 pm

A good tune will usually improve your MPG as long as you stay out of the throttle.

Tuning can only firm up part-throttle shift points and for the Buicks, a few places were GM actually took line pressure OUT of the WOT shifts. Far more often I see transmissions that are simply unable to produce the high (factory new) line pressure needed for quick shifts at full throttle. This is solved only by fixing the mechanical issues with the pressure control / regulator circuit inside the transmission.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 am

2 mpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: firmer trans shifts ??   firmer trans shifts ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

firmer trans shifts ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Drivetrain and Towing-
Jump to: