GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WF Florida?

Go down 
+7
AlmostaBuick
DROLDS2U
buickwagon
brokecello
95BRMW
Sprocket
Cadet57
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Will there be at FL Wagon Fest to coincide with the Daytona show this year? I can actually make it this year. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah, we will be there. No plans at all yet, gotta get on that stick....lout it's as easy as we will all stay at the same hotel or meet up and drive in and park together Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Will there be a FL Wagon Fest to coincide with the Daytona show this year? I can actually make it this year. Laughing
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 pm

I had a great time last year and would love to do that again in 2013. Florida is a nice trip away from cold New England Very Happy
Back to top Go down

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:13 am

Show dates have been announced.

It's the weekend of March 22-24.

I can do the hotel thing again. Same place would be cool, but if we jump in early enough with our block of rooms we might be able to get nicer for the same price. I'll start hunting.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 am

Ive been on the GofaSSt email list...they were supposed to meet soon to determine the clubs direction. If they end up getting the tent and such, that would be nice. Even if they dont, I want to come this spring!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am

If they don't, we had plenty of fun last year without it, and still got to park in the same area.

Looks like the La Quinta is willing to give us the same rate as last year as well. Hopefully if we get it in early enough, unlike last year, we might get some room upgrades and such.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 am

Stingroo wrote:
If they don't, we had plenty of fun last year without it, and still got to park in the same area.

Looks like the La Quinta is willing to give us the same rate as last year as well. Hopefully if we get it in early enough, unlike last year, we might get some room upgrades and such.

What was the nightly rate on that?
Back to top Go down

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 am

$59 + tax.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 am

Stingroo wrote:
$59 + tax.

Nice. Hopefully we can get that rate again. I'll jot this down so I can start my budget.
Back to top Go down

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm

They've already offered it. So it won't be more than that. They were cool with us. We barbecued on their property and they didn't care - so I'm cool with the La Quinta.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Stingroo wrote:
$59 + tax.
Maybe we can get a room where you can bring in a gas grille and not get yelled at about it Razz
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Sweet!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:26 pm

95BRMW wrote:
Stingroo wrote:
$59 + tax.
Maybe we can get a room where you can bring in a gas grille and not get yelled at about it Razz

LOL! I'll work on that one.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm

95BRMW wrote:

IN the room???

I can just see the teaser now: "Dozens of classic cars crushed when Florida motel collapses during bizarre fire. Film at 11."
Back to top Go down

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:15 pm

lol No that night Sprocket brought one for us to use outside, and we did, but they would not let us store it inside while at the show, etc.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:48 pm

I see. And their opposition to you storing a propane cylinder inside a sealed motel room surprised you, did it?

Ok, seriously, please look at this one-page brochure and pay particular attention to the bottom right hand corner.

Please.

Pretty Please.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 pm

I had no issue with attaching to the cabbage palm outside with a car cover lock (thanks Lynol!!). If I bring the same one this year I'll have my own lock. Might go with a more portable arrangement, lol

WF Florida? BBQ

for some reason I didn't do the lap around Daytona on Sunday. didn't want a photo of the grille going down the straight...
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 pm

ill be there, can bring whatever we need, ill bring an enclosed trailer, with BBQ , do they allow dogs ???
Back to top Go down

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 pm

They do! I brought my dog last year and he was great.

Moose and Naya were the best of pals. lol

WF Florida? 540631_3745779289672_1825969757_n
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 pm

i have 4 little ones, ill bring them if i have to , worst is they stay home, but naya wont be happy...lol
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm

i can bring couple coolers, and chairs, floor jack , jack stands, we might have to practice taking out a gas tank...lol not a good joke...lol
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Anything new on this? The PTO calendar comes out right after the new year so I want to get the days off for the show asap.
Back to top Go down

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 pm

March 22-24.

I need to get us set up on the hotel front. I'll get on it after the new year. Probably the same place as last year, though. Pet friendly (I'm bringing Moose again, likely), and super close to the track.
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Wow!!!
That sounds like a blast.
If I don't have to work that weekend......I could drive the boxie over and say hello.
I used to live in Daytona Beach, so I know where the best wings, burgers, and fried shrimp are.
I did the March Daytona event with the Fiero club a couple of times- you just can't see all the cars and 'stuff' in two days. But its fun to try! cheers
BTW, nice price for the rooms.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm

watch this space for details. We usually park right next to the Fiero club Smile
Look forward to meeting ya.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Is this just a wagon thing or a b/d thing? Thinking about coming down. Not sure with which car.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Gastt wrote:
Is this just a wagon thing or a b/d thing? Thinking about coming down. Not sure with which car.

Do it! Convoy down with us cheers
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 pm

I was born in Daytona it'll be nice to go back. My mom also lives about 2 hrs from there. I'll drop my wife off with her for the weekend lol.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:53 am

Do it! Very Happy

Last year we parked with the SS/other B-bodies. Whatever you bring will fit right in.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm

I will probably show up...I need to sell a lot of stuff to afford to go this year. I guess it is time for a special sale.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 pm

New thread coming early next week. Spoke with ROO, he's in touch with the LaQuinta and checking out a couple of other nearby hotels. If you want to register with the Daytona folks, I believe that registration is up on the Daytona Car show site. Again, watch for a new thread with more details coming REALLY soon.
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 am

hey guys just a suggestion for a road trip . i think billetproof is across the state at big daddy's .it's a nice rideacross 40 thru the ocala forest. i think it is called black bear scenic drive or something. good place for dinner i know of with reasonable prices not far
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:39 pm

59 wagon man wrote:
hey guys just a suggestion for a road trip . i think billetproof is across the state at big daddy's .it's a nice rideacross 40 thru the ocala forest. i think it is called black bear scenic drive or something. good place for dinner i know of with reasonable prices not far

Unfortunately, Billetproof is the same day, I'm sure they'll be loss on both sides as they are both great shows and no one can be in two places at once Sad

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm

is scott going to be at billetproof or daytona?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 pm

buickestate wrote:
is scott going to be at billetproof or daytona?

prob Billetproof but may drive over for the BBQ Sat night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WF Florida? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF Florida?   WF Florida? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WF Florida?
Page 1 of 1