GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just some proof she's still on the road...

Go down 
+6
buickestate
81X11
Cadet57
Sprocket
jayoldschool
toomanytoyz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Just some proof she's still on the road... Empty
PostSubject: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 pm

It's been a while since I've taken real care of the old marshmallow, but yesterday she even got a wash and wax with the new wheels! I don't think I've waxed her in 2 years! And it's been quite a while since I've taken pics, too. But anyways, here's a couple not-so-great pics of the old wheels and new tires (275/40 front and 295/35/18's rear), bodywork and paint, and the stance without the airride on the Vogtlands. I've got about a thousand miles on the motor and drivetrain. So far, so good!

I need to take some better pics before I put her away. Hopefully some of the guys at the BADASS Fall Roundup today got some pics I can snag.

Anyways, the pics!
Just some proof she's still on the road... 2012-10-21122328

Just some proof she's still on the road... 2012-10-21122322

I need to get better ones! Soon, I hope!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Best tire size you can run, IMHO. I have been using that combo for a long time on the SS.

We should meet in North Conway so I can give you the seats!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:05 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Best tire size you can run, IMHO. I have been using that combo for a long time on the SS.

We should meet in North Conway so I can give you the seats!

I'd be up for that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 pm

No ABS problems running those sizes?Wagon is still one of my favorites Bill and a beauty!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 pm

No, they're within a half inch of each other. 275/40's are 26.5" and 295/35's are 26" Smile

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Looks as good as evah!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks guys. Smile

Man, have I missed driving this car! And EVERY time I stop and get out somewhere, someone always comes up to me about it! Love it! Very Happy

Here's a couple pics I snapped when switching the wheels over yesterday.

Just some proof she's still on the road... 2012-10-20144427

Just some proof she's still on the road... 2012-10-20144507

Just some proof she's still on the road... 2012-10-20144457

Just some proof she's still on the road... 2012-10-20144444

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 am

I can confirm that the car does exist and is still on the road. And it makes a very noisy entrance. cheers
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am

Cadet57 wrote:
I can confirm that the car does exist and is still on the road. And it makes a very noisy entrance. cheers

And an even louder exit... Wink
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

I'm partially deaf in my left ear now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 am

Cadet57 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

What? Razz
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

What? Razz

What's that now? A PT CRUISER?! Razz
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 am

Good to see it on the road. I still like that one a lot, especially the hood.

Did you clean the interior as well??
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 am

81X11 wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Mike... Wink I did a quick vacuum and armor all, but the interior is a mess. Black leather rear seat, charcoal 12 way bonnies up front, and blue door handle surrounds... She's a mess inside til I settle up on what I'm doing in there! I think I'll have all winter to think aboot it. Wink

If I can get those unlimited ruby red seats, i may just sell my bonnies... We'll see! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm

time to update your avatar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
81X11 wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Mike... Wink I did a quick vacuum and armor all, but the interior is a mess. Black leather rear seat, charcoal 12 way bonnies up front, and blue door handle surrounds... She's a mess inside til I settle up on what I'm doing in there! I think I'll have all winter to think aboot it. Wink

If I can get those unlimited ruby red seats, i may just sell my bonnies... We'll see! Very Happy
I can almost see Mike cringing in his seat,oh no a mismatched set of seats and just used armor all!The pain the pain!
Dont be surprised if you get an anxious visitor in the middle of the night with his own cleaning stuff and a generator!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Flasheroo wrote:

I can almost see Mike cringing in his seat,oh no a mismatched set of seats and just used armor all!The pain the pain!
Dont be surprised if you get an anxious visitor in the middle of the night with his own cleaning stuff and a generator!

I can just see his face twitching ........

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:16 pm

I like the Armor All low sheen stuff. I hate a shiny interior! Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Sprocket wrote:
time to update your avatar

Done! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Ooohhh...look at those rear meats....mmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Nice looking wagon. Only thing is, I can't tell the different between the 'old wheels' and the 'new wheels'.....

It was fun reading your Subaru experience a while back. Used to like those - a lot. Not so much since reading your story. Next I notice you're considering a S4 in your future? Just take the money you threw at the Subbie, double it, then throw in horrible engine compartment access for the whipped cream........ I had a used A6 for a while. Money pit. But if you're jumping in, get a S6 instead. Nicer ride and handling.

Marshall
Back to top Go down
lowlow37

lowlow37

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Beautiful car!! I would love to hear it live apparently.. I live in fourbanger county and almost never can enjoy somebody elses loud V8....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks dude! I love your old wagon and what you're doing over there! Very Happy

And... Holy old thread resurrection! Razz

I'll be sure to post up some pics and vids when she comes out of hibernation and springtime surgery this year. Wink
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:26 am

Daaaam i want my wb4 to look like yours! Love the wheels and just the overall stance of it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 9:01 am

Thanks. Smile

So I searched my hosted video archive and found a lame idle video from just after I got it back together... I thought I had more. Oh well, sorry! Play it through good speakers or headphones. Wink

Back to top Go down
lowlow37

lowlow37

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

Thats great!! I was looking through the forum for some sweet pics, and when i found this thread, i couldnt keep quiet.. The whitey is a killerwhale imo.. Really great video too, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Here's when I first fired it with the new motor in it...

I coulda sworn I had some vids with the new exhaust on it... Those vids all had the stock pipes, summit turbo mufflers and resonators deleted. But they did have the CIA Tri-Y headers with no cats...

I am still looking.... Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Love that car...keep working on it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just some proof she's still on the road...   Just some proof she's still on the road... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just some proof she's still on the road...
Page 1 of 1