GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parisienne Sleeper build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
benn

benn

Parisienne Sleeper build Empty
PostSubject: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 6:29 pm

So im selling the wagon and planning on building up my new parisienne (Story Here ) when i got my wagon last year i wanted to do the same thing, throw some performance stuff at it and surprise a few people but because of it's high miles i deemed it a waste of time and $$ and drove it as is. because the parisienne only has 98k miles. i thought it would be a good base to start with.

Because it has a 305, im not planning to go crazy with it. an engine swap is completely out of the question right now, no time, space or $$ for that. i plan to do some basic bolt ons, headers/exhaust, intake, carb, and a cam. probably about it for the engine, maybe some head work.

as for the rest of the drivetrain i'd like to keep the stock stall converter. install a shift kit and a posi 3.73.

looking for advice on which parts to buy. specifically cam and shift kit. also where should i start? engine mods first? or drivetrain? this is gonna be a daily driver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 6:59 pm

According to the smart guys here and elsewhere go for the new rear gear first,best bang for your
buck and seat of your pants because it feels much faster and do your suspension next.Save the engine for last!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Hot rod a carbed 305 Parisienne? With a 305 it will just be sleeping, not a sleeper. Is that car in nice enough shape to throw money at it? The rear quarter looks funky.Neat idea, other than telling all us wagon kooks that your selling your wagon to hot rod a sedan.... At least it's a B body. Razz

A white woody with a 350 makes a better sleeper.

Mike
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 am

Mike, a white woody wagon with a 350 is deffinately a better sleeper. But one with over 400k, leaking roof, ticking motor, rusted floor pans, not to mention a tbi, is not. It's either going to scrap or to a guy who wants it locally for parts.

The Parisienne was never winter driven, it's VERY solid for a Canadian car. I know the 305 is a bad base to build (small bore, shrouded valves ect.) but its all I have. Like I said i have no money, time or space for a swap right now (college kid) I'd be more then happy to make around 250hp at the crank. I'm not looking to build a monster.

Sure I'd love to find an lt1 wagon. And if the right one came along Locally I'd sell the Pontiac in a heart beat but that's not happening. Most of the ones here are either rusted out or have 9 million km on them. I was lucky to find something I see as being kind of cool ( 99 year old grampa kind of cool) pretty much rust free and with low km for a steal.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 am

Well if ya put it that way..... Sorry, I thought your wagon was in better condition, the avatar pic looks nice. Flip the air cleaner lid on the Poncho, at least it will sound cool.

Mike
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Put dual exhaust on it, get a truck computer for the FI and upgrade the injectors (if it has FI)
Change the rear end and put a shift kit in the trans (and get some wider tires). Should make for a fun sleeper.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:29 pm

buy a truck 5.3 motor and trans, wiring harness and computer,.
nice upgrade doable on a 1500 budget.

Nick
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 pm

well i thought and thought some more and finally decided to sell the car while i can still make good money off of it and find an lt1 wagon. mainly because i think it would be cheaper to do in the long run and more fun. and like mike stated above, a much better sleeper.

if anyone in Ontario or northern U.S has a lowish' miles lt1 wagon let me know! Can partial trade my worn out '92 if you like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parisienne Sleeper build   Parisienne Sleeper build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parisienne Sleeper build
Page 1 of 1