GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what is a dash pad worth

Go down 
+3
Woodie95
Sprocket
DROLDS2U
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

what is a dash pad worth Empty
PostSubject: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 am

i will be taking it out of my parts car and havent seen any for sale to get an idea
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:21 am

I sold one out of a 9C1 for $50 to a guy on the ISSF. He lived in Sebring and drove down to get it (night out on the town with his wife in WPB was her consolation for coming along).

His cat knocked the one from his SS off the roof of his golf cart and broke it.

It's one of those parts that doesn't ship too well....
Back to top Go down
Woodie95

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 7:13 am

DROLDS2U -- Do you still have the dash pad? I just bought a 95 RMW with a quarter size hole in top of dash pad from where prev owner had a dash mount compass. What is color of your pad? I am willing to pay for shipping, etc. Let's talk!!!!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:27 am

Their size makes them tough to ship, which keeps the price down. I bought one for $40 and gave another one away.

I think the better way to look at it is this - if NONE of the mounting tabs are broken off (this is problematic on the Chevies), and the top surface is mint, it's worth at least $30 as that's what you'd have to pay for SEM and elbow grease to restore an existing one. If either of those are not true, than the price is much closer to free due to transport issues.
Back to top Go down
Woodie95

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:49 am

sherlock9c1 -- thanks for the info. By the way, what is SEM?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm

SEM makes a line of interior dyes (paint) in spray cans that work well to restore interior colors or color change parts. Jeff....welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 2:22 pm

I've given 2 away, as Joel said, they are tough to ship.... and for it to arrive in the same condition as was sent.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 10:00 am

If you can figure out how to ship them safely they are worth good money on ebay, not much locally though. I saw a tan RMW dash go for $200 on ebay, and grey Caprice ones go for upwards of $300 being they will work in the SS (colorwise). Again, getting it to the buyer in one piece of the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is a dash pad worth   what is a dash pad worth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is a dash pad worth
Page 1 of 1