GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forever Sharp?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sofapilot

Sofapilot

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 am

Howdy,

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this outfit fssteeringwheels.com Forever Sharp ? Due to the original owner installing a giant, way to tight, cover the leather rim on the stock wheel is pretty much beyond repair. Horn buttons are also both hanging by what looks to be 20lb fishing line. This wheel with the optional mahogany rim is what I'm thinking. Anyone know of this outfit and/or have any other suggestions?

Thanks, Vern

Forever Sharp? 48611799
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:28 am

I say go to the salvage yard and get a factory Buick non-air-bag sport steering wheel. Look in late 80-s to mid 90's Buicks...they made some sharp wheels, most leather wrapped, on many Gran Sport, T-type, and Grand Touring Suspension model Buicks. Look in Regals, Skylarks, boxy LeSabres and Electras.

It will match the car much better an not look like you went to Pep Boys or JC Whitney, and will most likely only cost you $10-20.

-Mike

Back to top Go down
Sofapilot

Sofapilot

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 3:58 pm

81X11 wrote:
I say go to the salvage yard and get a factory Buick non-air-bag sport steering wheel. Look in late 80-s to mid 90's Buicks...they made some sharp wheels, most leather wrapped, on many Gran Sport, T-type, and Grand Touring Suspension model Buicks. Look in Regals, Skylarks, boxy LeSabres and Electras.

Thanks, I wasn't really excited about the aftermarket wheels and apparently the brain cell that explores options was killed by a random beer. The hunt is on. Suggestions welcome.

Vern
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Here's some styles to look for. Remember the R in Riviera, Regal, and Reatta could also stand for Roadmaster! I will not tell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-89-Buick-Reatta-leather-wrap-steering-wheel-/310487094824?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item484a791628&vxp=mtr

The wheel below can be found on Regals and boxy FWD LeSabre and Electra models. On the LeSabre and Electra it has a round back...used the same column as the Roady. The wheel from a Regal will fit but the back is square.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Wheel-with-Center-Button-Leather-93-94-95-96-Buick-Regal-OEM-/320946779794?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab9eb3692&vxp=mtr

THe wheels above can still be found cheap in salvage yards.

Also see these previous posts.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t5913-nice-blue-leather-reatta-wheel?highlight=steering+wheel

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t5133-regal-t-type-steering-wheel?highlight=steering+wheel
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Forever Sharp? 004-3[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 pm

I found some nice wheels on ebay. They are a bit more pricey than the junk yard ones. I also found a black wheel in a newer Monte Carlo that will bolt up and it has an airbag. I have a nice MOMO wheel that looks proper on the car, as well as a one off all wood wheel. The adapters are easy to work with. NRG makes the nicest ones, and apple289 makes the best inexpensive one. The MOMO/Nardi bolt pattern is a 6 hole, and Grant is a 5 hole. Most of the manufacturers do not address 91+ cars because of the liability in removing the airbag. If it fits a 1990, it will fit all of the B body cars.
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 pm

My 96 Roadmaster steering wheel has alot of the origional color worn off.I am not so in
love with it ,that I wouldnt consider getting a wheel that is in better shape and styled
a bit differently. If I go to a salvage yard and find a wheel from a GM car that I like ,
how do I know it will fit? Is it a trial and error sort of thing or are there spicific wheels to look for. ed
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Most of the larger GM cars have the same steering column. Unless you pick a tiny car it should fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forever Sharp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Sharp?   Forever Sharp? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forever Sharp?
Page 1 of 1