GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GN1220

Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?  Empty
PostSubject: Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?    Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:42 pm

My local O'Reilly wants $175 plus tax for a replacement radiator. Found these two on ebay that look just like the stock item, even have the fan mounts and such, but the price seems too good to be true. They appear to be a quality product but I wanted to see if you guys have any input regarding them.

NEW DIRECT FIT COMPLETE ALUMINUM RADIATOR - 100% LEAK TESTED RAD FOR 4.3L-5.7L (Fits: Buick Roadmaster)
$75 with free shipping

BRAND NEW RADIATOR #1 QUALITY & SERVICE, PLEASE COMPARE OUR RATINGS | 4.3 5.7 V8 (Fits: Buick Roadmaster)
$75 with free shipping

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?    Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 am

Never used those but have learned the importance of buying a good quality one. I cheaped out a month ago on my Caprice with an aftermarket one which seemed well made. Last weekend The drain plug and whatever it attaches too blew out in a drive through resulting in a tow home. It's delco from now on for me!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?    Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 am

I bought one at RockAuto for $116 last week, but it required oil cooler adaptors for the lines, and once installed, the lower line would not clear the frame rail. Fail.

I sent Rock Auto pics and they did not offer to send me another model, they just sent me a call tag for Fed Ex to return it. Fail again.

Went to O'Reilly and sucked it up...same deal, $175, but everything connects like factory. Done.

-Mike

Oh just an FYI if you do not have the engine oil cooler option, everything else on the Rock Auto one did fit fine.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?    Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking at radiators on ebay, anyone use them?
Page 1 of 1