GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moog 5030's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Moog 5030's Empty
PostSubject: Moog 5030's   Moog 5030's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah... ANOTHER spring thread. Evil or Very Mad

Anywho. What I am looking to learn is whether using 5030's in the front will achieve a drop in the nose compared to the stock springs while keeping a similar, soft ride. From the other spring thread, I was able to get this information:

ajharman wrote:
The 5030's might work. I'm not sure exactly where they will sit offhand but at 419 pounds they are going to be softer than the stock springs which are 440 pounds. What are you looking for as far ride quality, do you want floaty and comfortable, or stiffer and more responsive?

Its largely a matter of opinion. I'm looking to accomplish the same drop in the front as you, but want it to be very stiff. Because of this I will probably be trimming either a 5552 or 80090 to get about a 1" drop in the front, but will have a spring rate somewhere between 6-800 pounds

Before I do anything with these I'd like to get a more solid yes or no before I tear into this.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Moog 5030's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog 5030's   Moog 5030's Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 pm

I answered that exact question in the thread you quoted,and several others.

AJ is speculating about what the spring might do. I am telling you based on having done it more than once.

What this forum needs is another post about springs.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Moog 5030's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog 5030's   Moog 5030's Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 am

So you did.... I clearly missed it after it got buried by replies. Thanks for the info.

As for more spring threads, what we really need is some sort of database with what does what. As a novice when it comes to this that would be the most helpful thing of all.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Moog 5030's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog 5030's   Moog 5030's Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
So you did.... I clearly missed it after it got buried by replies. Thanks for the info.

As for more spring threads, what we really need is some sort of database with what does what. As a novice when it comes to this that would be the most helpful thing of all.

Well then, go ahead and collect what dat you have already and make a nice post about it and one of the mods can sticky it and as new spring info comes along, guess where it should go.

An hour or two of your time well spent for the benefit of the community. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moog 5030's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog 5030's   Moog 5030's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moog 5030's
Page 1 of 1