GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room

Go down 
+10
phantom 309
Sprocket
DBeaSSt
stockfornow
Bewber
brokecello
SShiftn6
lornejay1
jayoldschool
Amish
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Amish

Amish

Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Empty
PostSubject: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:33 pm

A friend of mine on the site has been trying to convince me to join his side and get a wagon for a few years now. I've been a loyal GM owner for 16 years (as money allowed, sometimes it was just cheaper to buy whatever). So as my beloved Monte Carlo was dieing a slow painful death Sad , the search for a new ride began. To my friend's dissapointment, I didn't get a true Long Roof but I think he claims it as a small victory that I have an HHR sitting in my garage.

So I figured it was time to stop sitting on the side lines and just read about the fun (and horrors) you guy are having with your wagons. So here I am. The "little guy" in the room so to speak. At least I've heard I'm not the only one since there was rummor someone else has an HHR too.

So thanks for having me (if you'll have me), give me a hard time, I can take it. I live in Wisconsin and the weather is turning already. rendeer
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 pm

If you are a frequent visitor here, I predict you will own a B body wagon before next summer.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:09 pm

Welcome,I was in WI 2 years ago exactly,on thanksgiving. Yup,It was cold.

Mosinee was where I bought this truck, Hope you enjoy this place. Lorne.

Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room IMG_0416-1
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Hello, fellow WI-ite!! So is the friend Norm (I'm not sure since he sold his wagon, but I don't think he's on this forum either...)?

Welcome in any case, and look out...what Jay said may come true...its a sickness! lol
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Welcome! My lil brother has a '09 HHR, so I have respect! Glad to see you here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 am

Congrats on getting a Homo HotRod instead of a Penis Cruiser.

Do you have any plans or ambitions of modding the HHR? Done anything to it yet?

I razz ya, but my FIL drives a black HHR that I'd love to violate.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:23 am

jayoldschool wrote:
If you are a frequent visitor here, I predict you will own a B body wagon before next summer.

And the summer after that a second one!

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:33 am

Welcome! I won't admit to being "the friend", wouldn't want to make it look like I was recruiting or anything. Laughing

It's a short long roof but a good enough start. I'll get you into a big long roof eventually! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:12 am

stockfornow wrote:
jayoldschool wrote:

And the summer after that a second one!

Welcome aboard!

Oh that's my problem, It's always summer here...... Smile

these cars are like potato chips, it starts with just one.....next thing you know you have a fleet going
Back to top Go down
Amish

Amish

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:16 pm

I don't know about a whole fleet. I live in a city (a small one but still a city none the less) and with alternate side street parking, it can be a pain if you have multiple vehicles. I'm fine with my fleet being 2 vehicles right now. Three was too many because I didn't drive them all enough to make it worth it. I only have the Danger Ranger because you always end up needing a truck when you own a house. Plus it's great if my daily driver needs to be in the shop for anything.

Now I know some of you will say that the wagons can hold plywood and everything else you need for a house. But I would love to see you guys fit a cubic yard of mulch in your wagon and not care if it's there all summer before you use the last of it. Smile

Plus a wagon would never fit in my garage. And I'm not independantly wealthy like my friend who built a club house for his gaggle of wagons. tongue
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Lol...just keep it out of puddles..my brother's 1st one got totaled. See..with a B-body wagon...you would just hose it out and be good to go.

The water came up to the door handles...then got in to the computer (in the center console) and started it up with lights and wipers wizzing away. It only had 2,500 miles on it.

His new one is silver. But I like the black like yours Amish

Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room BensHHR
Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room BensHHR2
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 pm

so,. an hhr owner wants to join a b-body wagon forum

why?

nick
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:36 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

why?

nick

Roof envie?
Back to top Go down
Shamoo

Shamoo

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 am

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:37 am

phantom 309 wrote:

why?

nick

Well, if you read the heading of this forum, it's for all GM Longroof's. That means from Suburbans to HHRs and everything in between. Razz Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Amish

Amish

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:56 pm

Call it roof envy if you like.

Like I said, a friend of mine has been telling me about his adventures with wagons for a few years now. Giving me gentle nudges to take the plunge and get a long roof of my own. I did own a Pinto wagon back in high school but was never proud of that vehicle except for how much of a POS it was. Very Happy

So when he found out that I have an HHR, he started making some not so gentle comments about how I now have a mini long roof. Figured it wouldn't hurt anything to stick my foot in the door and test the waters.

Maybe get some ideas as to what I could do with wagon/car/truck/whatever it is, even though I'd definately be the odd man out. So I'm looking for a few ideas. Or to be told to be quiet and sit at the back of the bus like I have been doing before.
Back to top Go down
Greg72

Greg72

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:43 am

Stick around long enough Amish and you will end up buying a B-body long roof.
Back to top Go down
Shamoo

Shamoo

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

hello. One of my electricians bought one to work out of. Brand new and I believe he only paid $14000 or so. May have been after his CFC though?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:20 pm

My other car is a black HHR as well. It is simply the bad weather car for when I don't want to subject Shammoo to the crappy weather in upstate New York.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room   Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let the razzing begin for the little guy in the room
Page 1 of 1