HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Mod on the Wagon.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
1lowcaprice

1lowcaprice

First Mod on the Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Just got done with the first mod on the wagon. Easy but its a start, I did the Home Plate Delete. Only cost me $2.49 for the angle pipe.
Never mind the dirt I havent had a chance t detail it yet I am waiting till I get the wood off.

Before:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After:

Many more mods to come for sure.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Always nice to be able to SEE that it's an LT1!

Next up, GUNK ENGINE BRITE! Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:57 pm

I used two PVC pipes and made an adaptor on mine. Once of my first mods too. See here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then used an angled stock adaptor from an F-Body for the Home Plate delete....followed by Vette rails. Man I mis that car!

Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Much better, now, get rid of that monstrosity of a mechanical fan.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Now do the FREE "throttle body bypass"

Back to top Go down
1lowcaprice

1lowcaprice

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Yea the mechanical fan will be gone soon, This is the first i am hearing about a throttle body bypass ill have to research that more.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:51 am

1lowcaprice wrote:
Yea the mechanical fan will be gone soon, This is the first i am hearing about a throttle body bypass ill have to research that more.

I actually read up on the bypass and determined it was not really worth the effort. Of course to each his own!

I left the mechanical fan on my Roady, mainly because I live in Texas, drive a LOT, and have had electric fans burn up and fail. Did not want to take a chance on a road trip, and besides it seems to work better with the a/c in the summer. I have a good friend with an Impala SS, and even with both his electric fans blasting, my car pulled more air through the condensor and the vent temps inside were colder.

Honestly I hardly heard the fan in the Roady. It's MUCH louder in my OCC...but I think that's a bigger fan than the Roady had.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:25 am

The fan sounds badass. But, it looks cluttered in the engine bay with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:08 pm

81X11 wrote:
I used two PVC pipes and made an adaptor on mine. Once of my first mods too. See here:
http://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t1393-home-depot-err-lowe-s-intake-mod?highlight=home+depot+mod

First Mod on the Wagon. RoadmasterGS015

First Mod on the Wagon. RoadmasterGS014

And then used an angled stock adaptor from an F-Body for the Home Plate delete....followed by Vette rails. Man I mis that car!

First Mod on the Wagon. CorvetteRails002

Hell,I miss that car too! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Mod on the Wagon.   First Mod on the Wagon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Mod on the Wagon.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Engine-
Jump to: