HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

unusual caprice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
94X2

PostSubject: unusual caprice?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:55 pm

I thought this was kind of unusual - I don't remember ever seeing one of these with crank windows. At least I found the power sunroof on this one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-Caprice-Wagon-LT1-Police-pkg-plus-unique-custom_W0QQitemZ230410290570QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item35a586058a
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Lots of miles but not a bad looking car. Crank windows are out there. Might be a 1A2, but the usual obvious things aren't there or hard to see. No silicone hoses (may have been replaced though) and can't see if the cargo area has carpet or not.

Power sunroof is kinda neat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Don't think it is a 1A2. No silicone hoses, ticket light, certified speedo, blackout switch. Thought 1A2's had bucket seats.

You think the Buick Heritage Alliance would know the color of the car it is trying to sell-
1995 RMW on Ebay
Advertising a LAB with blue interior as grey/grey.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:07 am

Is it a power sunroof? or a flip up,..
definitely don't think its a 1a2,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:17 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Is it a power sunroof? or a flip up,..
definitely don't think its a 1a2,..

Nick

I'm thinking not 1A2 as well. Looks to be a power sunroof, I think I see a switch ahead of it on the headliner.
Back to top Go down
Amish

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:08 am

Looks like (or could become) a pretty nice car. Smile

I do have a complaint though. Am I the only one bothered by the Impala emblems on a Caprice? Granted, the Impala symbol is a lot nicer looking that what I remember from my mom's 70's Caprice Classics as I was growing up, but isn't it a little untrue to swap out the markings like that? To me, it'd be like throwing Buick rims on a Pontiac Firebird (which I have seen and started mocking the owner for doing). With the Corvette engine, the SS badges make sense but I'd also want those removed and let it be a sleeper vehicle.

Maybe I'm nit picking but it's the small things like that that some people find to be what sets the car off from the rest, but drive me nuts.
Back to top Go down
Greg72

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:06 am

I used to feel that way too. Perhaps it was because during the muscle boom in the late '80s people were cloning cars left and right and in many cases trying to sell them as such.

Now my stance is that it's their car and if they like it that way then so be it, just don't try to sell it as something it is not.

If I had a 70 Chevelle it would definitely have the SS rear bumper strip and the SS emblems, I think they look sooo cool. but I would not try to pass it off as an SS.

This wagon looks pretty good, with some TLC (and new trans LOL) it could be a sweet ride.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 am

That's pretty much my feeling too. So long as the intent isn't to pass the car of as something else, i.e. make more money on a sale because it's an "impala wagon" then I'm fine with it. That's one of the fun things about customization. Make the car uniquely yours. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unusual caprice?   

Back to top Go down

unusual caprice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1