GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie from S.W. Florida

Go down 
+2
81X11
1dcasr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1dcasr

1dcasr

Newbie from S.W. Florida Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 am

Hello fellow Longroof owners. I have recently become a longroof owner, acquiring a one owner 1993 Caprice Wagon with only 85K on the odometer running the TBI 5.7L and nothing but minor blemishes, I am loving the way it just floats down the road. I have been a long time Astro/Safari owner and have been looking for a new vehicle for quite some time but nothing has caught my attention except of course for other Astros/Safari vans, even saw some larger Express/Savana vans, when I saw the add for my new Longroof I knew this was it, and I had to have it. After seeing it in person I knew this would be a great decision and one of those opportunities too stupid to pass up. So far I have seen some awesome upgrades on the forum just haven't decided if I want to alter anything too much, it is as stock as a showroom floor model and I'm lovin it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Welcome to the gang,warning these wagons are highly addictive!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Welcome! These are wonderful cars, I bet you'll love it. Hope you post pics and are active on the group. Lots of great folks on here.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 am

Welcome from SE Florida. Only problem with these cars is that one is not enough, lol.

Btw the bolt pattern on our cars and Safari/Astros is the same (in case you have a set of wheels still). 5x5 or 5x127. Florida Wagonfest in a month
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t7824-florida-wagonfest-2013
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. One is not is enough like my vans I am already looking for another good deal. As for the wheels my boys don't like the idea of me swapping out their black cragar soft 17" for the stock wagon caps. And by the way @ Sprocket I just moved to Cape Coral 5 years ago leaving WPB after 20 years of living there. As for Wagonfest I just registered and booked the room on Thurs can't wait.
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 am

Here's a couple of pics, first one just after purchase and a car wash.

Newbie from S.W. Florida CAM00071-1

First mod tinting the windows.

Newbie from S.W. Florida CAM00079
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 am

Awesome. Be sure to check out the other WF threads. For activites/ parts swap, roll call, etc.

Your car looks very nice and clean, nice score.

If you are going to keep your hubcaps, I have an incomplete set of three if your looking to.pick up some backups.
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:25 pm

@Sprocket what condition are those hub caps in?? How much you lookin to get for them??
I am usually not a fan of hubcaps but at least to me these look sleek and go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Pm sent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Nice looking wagon,paint clearcoat looks to be holding up great in the fla sun!
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Most definitely, thanks to the first owners, elderly couple kep it in the garage, interior in mint as well no fading, no cracks. I am very lucky and very happy to have found it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 am

I love this color. Very pretty car!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks Mike, the truth is when i first saw the pic in the ad i was skeptical about the color, the woody paneling, the overall look. When I saw it in person I had to keep my jaw closed as so not to drool and give away how bad I wanted it and have to overpay to get it, love at first sight.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 am

Hey Dave, I live in Fort Myers Beach. I'm coming to the fest (with my 93 Fleetwood, wagon next year). Your wagon looks new. Look forward to meeting a neighbor!
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 am

Hello Mark, good to know there are local longroof owners on here. Is your caddy a wagon mod or sedan?? See ya soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 am

There were no Fleetwood wagons, sadly.

Oh, if only. Sad

People have made them, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Tint makes everything cooler...nice ride Cool
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:43 pm

1dcasr wrote:
Hello Mark, good to know there are local longroof owners on here. Is your caddy a wagon mod or sedan?? See ya soon.
It is a stock Fleetwood sedan. See ya soon!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Man, ANOTHER MAB (medium adriatic blue) wagon????? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I just can't handle it any more! Why can't EYE find one???? Razz

Awesome score, dude! She's a beauty! Welcome to the fray! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from S.W. Florida   Newbie from S.W. Florida Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie from S.W. Florida
Page 1 of 1