GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm training them right!

Go down 
+8
Krash Kadillak
Gastt
cdcdguy
Olds Weighty Eight
JoeT
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
81X11
12 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

I'm training them right! Empty
PostSubject: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Joseph, the 17-year-old we took in, is finally taking some interest in getting his license. I told him this summer he has to get a job, no sleeping at my house all day, and the idea of riding his bike in 100-degree heat finally woke him up.

I figured he'd want to use the Blazer I'm getting in NJ next month, which would be fine, but last night he asked if I could find another wagon for him to drive.

bounce

I must be doing something right!

Now to convince Misty....no honey, it's not for me, it's for Joseph! pirat

I keep looking at this one.... http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3697486427.html - He's down from $1500 to $1000, obo, and it's an LT1 car. Basketball
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:36 pm

What a Face Exclamation
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Start him off with an L03 car. Wink

But yes, that's awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 pm

I thought of you when I saw the CL ad for that car...

Does Joseph want it to look good or is he into the "rat" look?
That car can go either way...
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 pm

What's the deal with the c-pillars on that wagon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
cdcdguy

cdcdguy

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:53 am

Taking in a young man AND turning him on to wagons. You ARE doing something right!
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 am

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
What's the deal with the c-pillars on that wagon?

Paint peel from the sun. The pillars are the same on my wagon.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 am

These kids really had no interest in cars until they moved in with us. I was tickled when Joseph said he wanted a wagon, and will work on that!

Johnathan, the 14-year-old, tells me he wants an El Camino. Thats totally fine with me too...lots of good projects in my future.

Lily though, she wants a New Beetle. Those have been out about 10 years now, and she's only 12, so by the time she's of driving age they will be really cheap, but by then maybe she'll want something else. I LOVED driving my brother's VR6 Jetta GLX, but there was always something wrong with it and parts were high dollar....maybe I can move Lily into a GM car before the time comes. Who knows, in four years Dad may be tired of the '82 Z28 affraid Haha.

As for being a bad influence on my "new" kids, they all know the words to "Son of a Son of a Sailor" and "Cheeseburger in Paradise" now, along with various Pink Floyd songs, oh and just about ever Tom Petty song made in the last 30 years. Ha! They also know what a record and a cassette is now. Hahaha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am

My wife wanted a new beetle more than anything when I met her. Now, she loves my Fleetwood and even enjoys driving the ugly Buick wagon.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 am

Gastt wrote:
My wife wanted a new beetle more than anything when I met her. Now, she loves my Fleetwood and even enjoys driving the ugly Buick wagon.

NICE! My wife has never warmed up to my wagons, but she loves big GM Suburban-type trucks, and I can live with that. Wink

Oh she used to go salvage-yarding with me when we were dating. Once the ring went on her finger, that stopped. Hahaha. Marriage... affraid
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 am

$1,000 RMW
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3697486427.html

'74 Dodge Monaco, $1,100
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3698416332.html

'05 Focus $3000 (but you can probably get it for less...)
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3688901499.html

'89 Camry - $450 (troubles)
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3670448948.html

'94 Caprice (w/bonnies already) $2,500
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3662963828.html

Also saw an old Nova wagon project on CL in your area a few months back. Can't find it now.....

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:29 am

Yeah I keep looking at that $1000 LT1 wagon. I bet I could make it look a lot better....
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:59 am

You may be able to cure the beetle nut by "requiring" her to pay for maintenance on it, and having her do a cost analysis compared to a US made car. She is old enough to understand the economics of car ownership.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
You may be able to cure the beetle nut by "requiring" her to pay for maintenance on it, and having her do a cost analysis compared to a US made car. She is old enough to understand the economics of car ownership.

I still have four years to "sell" Lily on a REAL vehicle. She's still just a kid.

I'm training them right! Easter059_zpse2fa5be5
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 am

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:08 am

Hahaha, Corsicana is where I went to college and met my wife. I know right where that little wagon is!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 am

if it had a tittle I would be bugging you..........
Back to top Go down
MacMasterMike

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

This comment got me wondering if over in yurp, US made cars are still an economical choice for driving due to parts availability and design of car. Or is our beloved station wagon over there almost like an exotic where parts are expensive and only a select few people know how to work on them? Alot of the euro cars in the market today are made here already to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 pm

buickestate wrote:
if it had a tittle I would be bugging you..........

may be old enough to apply for a title....may be worth researching....just sayin'
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:13 pm

MacMasterMike wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

This comment got me wondering if over in yurp, US made cars are still an economical choice for driving due to parts availability and design of car. Or is our beloved station wagon over there almost like an exotic where parts are expensive and only a select few people know how to work on them? Alot of the euro cars in the market today are made here already to begin with.

American cars in Europe are even more expensive than European cars in the US. Parts are almost non existant, unless imported directly by the owner. I have worked with a number of European owners of US cars, and they not only pay for the part, but the shipping is about the same, or more than the original cost of the part. They almost never have any parts available, especially body panels.

I have heard of a Jeep being traded even up for a Porsche.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Would love to find out where that 10000 mile 96 RMW in fla went 2 months ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm training them right!   I'm training them right! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm training them right!
Page 1 of 1