GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheels across the pond

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wheels across the pond Empty
PostSubject: Wheels across the pond   Wheels across the pond Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:28 am

Off to [url=Wheelsacrossthepond.com ]Wheels Across The Pond[/url] two weekends in a row, two different cars being shown. At least I'm not taking a grille, lol. Waiting for Flash Gumby in his 1969 MGC to show up......Pics to follow
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Wheels across the pond   Wheels across the pond Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:30 am

Sweet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wheels across the pond   Wheels across the pond Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Jumper cables and a spare set of points are mandatory for admission! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wheels across the pond   Wheels across the pond Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Car ran great, met some cool peeps. Left the camera in the trunk of the car and it's all locked up in the garage and I'm too tired to open the garage and go get it....

Got home around 6PM and mowed the lawn until it got dark (barely finished) so I don't have to do it in the morning (two foot tall tree saplings growing all over) Took a BUNCH of pics...

So anyway, there is a guy there with a 1940 Packard Darrin converitble. Beautiful car. Start talking to him and find out he owns a white WB4 that he bought from Fred! Small world. So here I am at a British Car show talking to a guy with a 40 Packard that they put in the Euro Class (Packards were designed by people in France, so it's a strech but okay) about how good bubble wagons are, lol.

I gave him the forum info as he was quite keen to find our band of misfits. So I hope to see him pop up on here soon.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wheels across the pond   Wheels across the pond Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 pm

OK, pics are here:

fotocrapbucket

I hate the way they 'updated' the site and made it LESS user friendly. Anyhoo, repost your favorite one's here and I'll answer any quesions to the best of my ability.

Wheels across the pond 100_0354_zps27744c29
the owner of this Mini said it's the first Sedan Delivery delivered to the USA, 2 weeks ago. Made for commercial use, the center of the speedo is a built in GPS. pretty neat. (sorry missed a pic of that).

Wheels across the pond 100_0238_zpse77f76c3
Best in show, 1911 Rolls. A true work of art, it even out shone the 8 liter 31 Bently!!

Wheels across the pond 100_0240_zps8eda3456

Wheels across the pond 100_0237_zpsf736c520

Wheels across the pond 100_0220_zps13ef37aa
Mine is the blue one in the middle. 49 years in the family today! First car show ever!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wheels across the pond   Wheels across the pond Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Finally broke its cherry and put it in a show after 49 years means you owe it a detailing by Robert!Had a pretty good turn out of a very classy car from the brass era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheels across the pond   Wheels across the pond Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheels across the pond
Page 1 of 1