GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trans question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Trans question Empty
PostSubject: Trans question   Trans question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Guys looks like the Trans in the Wifes 91 OCC is giving up. I think I found a inexpensive replacement out of a 85 G20 van. Question I have is would this be a R & R situation where I can just pull out the current (hurting) one, and put this one in?

That way I can save up to BUILD the hurt one and swap it out once that one is done?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans question   Trans question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:57 pm

You'll likely face two challenges. One, the calibrations may be vastly different resulting in real early or real late shift points. Secondly, there were numerous different internal transmission wiring harness layouts for the torque converter clutch. In fact, you may not even be able to plug your OCC harness into the transmission connector due to GM 'keying' connectors differently for different harness layouts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans question   Trans question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Also, the 91 trans will be stronger than the 85. Check with bowtieoverdrives to see if there is any difference with the connectors. Even if there is, it will be as simple as rewiring your connector with the one from the van.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans question   Trans question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:59 am

if the tailstock length is the same it'll bolt right in,.

Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans question   Trans question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks for the replys guys
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Sponsored content

Trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans question   Trans question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans question
Page 1 of 1