GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 RMW rear defrost not working

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theblurrrr

theblurrrr

93 RMW rear defrost not working Empty
PostSubject: 93 RMW rear defrost not working   93 RMW rear defrost not working Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:16 am

Hello all!

The rear defroster on my 93 RMW isn't working although I can find nothing obviously wrong. Is there a common fault on these cars I should be aware of? Where would you look first? My dash controller indicates normal operation and time-out sequences.

Also, how would you check for outside rear view mirror defroster operation? It never gets cold enough here for them to fog up. Do they get warm to the touch?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW rear defrost not working   93 RMW rear defrost not working Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:02 am

A lot of times the problem is the glass "shocks". The circuit runs through the absorber. If they have been replaced and not GM, then there is a good chance that is the problem. It's something to do with the paint and continuity. I know some guys have taken them apart and sanded the absorber, so there is continuity. This is a common problem.

Good Luck

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW rear defrost not working   93 RMW rear defrost not working Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:45 pm

The outside mirror heaters come on automatically when you turn on the rear window defroster.They get hot enough to discolor the paint surace of your mirrors,something to do with them being used in the warmer climates.The mirrors on my 91 OCC are badly discolored and bottomline is dont use unless the mirrors are icy.Dont think its a problem on the big mirror
cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW rear defrost not working   93 RMW rear defrost not working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 RMW rear defrost not working
Page 1 of 1