GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!

Go down 
+2
BigBlackBeaSSt
UlysesEverittMcGill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UlysesEverittMcGill

UlysesEverittMcGill

It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Empty
PostSubject: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:31 am

But it is POURING down rain here and I have no garage! It is supposed to do this all damn day too! Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:45 am

It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! P5040682_zps43129286

It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! P5040683_zpseab2d9b2

Last weekend was work. This weekend is play!!
Back to top Go down
UlysesEverittMcGill

UlysesEverittMcGill

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:46 am

Nice, enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Rainy days are good for getting those little projects around the house do...................................

Aw hell who am I kidding,grab a cold beer and watch the TV!
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:31 pm

I know how you feel - i have a half-mowed yard and it is too cold/wet to finish it.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:05 pm

What month is it anyway? Barely into the 50s here in Memphis today. Yesterday afternoon it was 43 freakin' degrees and pouring down all day and night. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Robert 96

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:41 am

In Cincinnati we have transitioned from spring to winter several times already. Or is that winter to spring. I'm getting confused!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:55 am

sunny days here in grand valley.
just perfect,.
Back to top Go down
UlysesEverittMcGill

UlysesEverittMcGill

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Better weather this morning. I had 5 objectives. I got three done. The other two fought me every step of the way! I got a dent out of my tailgate, repainted my rear window wiper arm and installed a front tag frame. All little stuff I know but needed to be done. I did not get the wheels off my truck on my wagon and I did not get my rear view re-installed. The damn package said wait 15-20 minutes then re-install the mirror on the foot. I waited much longer than that and the foot popped right off when I tried to put the mirror back on it! As for the wheels. I guess I need to get some deep chrome or black lugs to hold the center cap on because the ones off the truck are too big and they have outside threads that the fake plastic lugs thread to to hold the cap on. Looks like I am at least buying tires much sooner than I thought!
Back to top Go down
UlysesEverittMcGill

UlysesEverittMcGill

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:19 am

Found the solution to the lug nut issue and hopefully will get the wheel swap done this weekend. Also need to drop the tank soon to replace the sending unit/fuel pump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:18 pm

I always use some fine sandpaper to remove any old glue from the rearview mirror foot and then wiped it off with acetone before using the adhesive.
Back to top Go down
UlysesEverittMcGill

UlysesEverittMcGill

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks Flasheroo! I used a single edge razor blade to scrape the area but no luck this time. I appreciate the response though. The windshield has a couple of chips where the mirror has popped off so I think I am going to take it to a windshield shop and get those fixed and just have the mirror re-installed there too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!   It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It was SUPPOSED to be a wonderful wagon work day!
Page 1 of 1