GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

lower 93 RMW spindles/springs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

lower 93 RMW spindles/springs Empty
PostSubject: lower 93 RMW spindles/springs   lower 93 RMW spindles/springs Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:50 am

would like to lower 93 RMW about 2"--would drop spindles in the front and drop springs in the rear be a good way to go???? where can I purchase these items---thanks Tom W
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: lower 93 RMW spindles/springs   lower 93 RMW spindles/springs Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:11 pm

The drop spindles will work fine, but you should get 17 inch rims to give you enough clearance so that in case of a flat, so you do not rip your lower suspension arm off. The shock end will hit the ground before the rim does with 15 inch rims. You will also have to get new ABS sensors for the new spindles.

The springs are safer, but you run into the issue of camber and suspension travel. The camber can be fixed by removing .030 inches of shims for each 1/2 inch drop (.120 inches for a 2 inch drop). Suspension travel can be partially restored by cutting off the tapered part of the stop on the lower arm.

Special note for you...No one makes 17 inch full moon hubcaps that just snap into place. only Moon makes smooth hubcaps for 17 inch wheels, and you have 2 mounting alternatives. 1. screw them to the rim at 3 spots, with 10-32 screws, which makes it a pain to check your air pressure, 2. dzus fasteners...makes checking air pressure easy, but you have to weld mounts to your wheels (Moon rents the template). The Moon hubcaps are aluminum, and cost about $55 each for just the hubcap.

There are a number of places you can get the parts, just do a search on ISSF, and also check ebay, bing, and google.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: lower 93 RMW spindles/springs   lower 93 RMW spindles/springs Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:03 am

weird,. i have to add shims when i,ve dropped my cars,.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: lower 93 RMW spindles/springs   lower 93 RMW spindles/springs Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:33 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
weird,. i have to add shims when i,ve dropped my cars,.
The tops of the wheels point in when you lower it with springs, and the only way to get them to move out to a vertical position again is to remove shims. The shims are between the outside of the upper arm shaft, and on the inside of the chassis mounting areas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lower 93 RMW spindles/springs   lower 93 RMW spindles/springs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lower 93 RMW spindles/springs
Page 1 of 1