GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A/C help needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

A/C help needed Empty
PostSubject: A/C help needed   A/C help needed Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:50 pm

A/C help needed Null_zps3389eec4

So i bought some cans of a/c stuff today,. No joy,....

I put a jumper on the low pressure sensor,. and i can hear the motor rpm raise slightly,.
but no power to the compressor,.so i checked the relays in the box,. and i found this,.

A/C help needed Null_zps9ba50412
there is a jumper from the power side of the primary fan fuse to the feed socket for the sec fan,.
So,. the sec fan runs all the time as its 'hot wired",.
I unplug the sensor on the water pump,. check engine light illuminated,. primary fan doesn't kick in,. and no power to the plug other than the jumpered power coming from the hot wire,.

where to start?

Nick
plus the airbag light is on, and the seat belt light is on,. gaaaaak,.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

A/C help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C help needed   A/C help needed Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Do you have the FSM? You have to know what you have at the power side, and that the grounds are good. If both fans run, then it is in the wiring, or it has been butchered by the same person who put the jumper on it.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

A/C help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C help needed   A/C help needed Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:54 pm

there's a lot of stuff has to be right before the ecm commands the compressor,.
damn roadmasters with their climate control stuff,.I think mebbe the head unit is defunct,.

Nick
Back to top Go down

A/C help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C help needed   A/C help needed Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:57 am

Worked for me and many others.
Key on engine off and set AC temp to 60
Key off and disconnect batery,wait about 1 minute reconnect battery
Turn key to on,dont start and watch the climate control readout,allow it to countdown from
30 back to 0 twice and start engine
Primary fan should only run while compressor clutch is engaged,add coolant only when compressor engages with jumper attached
At first the compressor will only run for a few seconds so watch closely and only charge then
If sysytem is taking coolant the compressor will begin to run longer and longer.
I alwaays stopped charging when the compressor runs constantly with the temp set at 60
Has always worked for me and my AC is cooling at 48 presently
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

A/C help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C help needed   A/C help needed Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:15 am

On that note, when my refrigerant was low in the White elephant (OCC), I accidentally pushed the manual mode button, and the compressor ran even though the refrigerant was too low to run it in the auto mode. I was able to fill the system, and then restart it so that everything works correctly in auto mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A/C help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C help needed   A/C help needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A/C help needed
Page 1 of 1