GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...

Go down 
+9
BigBlackBeaSSt
sherlock9c1
Olds Weighty Eight
81X11
Fred Kiehl
1993 Roady-man
95BRMW
JoeT
Lynol
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Empty
PostSubject: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Long time no see, everybody! So since my OCC has been off the road since November so as to keep it out of the winter, I've been suffering some serious wagon withdrawal. Not having a wagon just plain sucks. So, bought this cause it was cheap-ish:
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... P1020910
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... P1020911
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... P1020912
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... P1020913
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... P1020914
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... P1020915
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... P1020917

Here's the details:

I was $600, it's a '94 tow pack car, w/ 187k (20k on trans), has rust holes in frame on the bottom by where you jack up the rear of the car, and the usual rust in the quarter panel (2" x 6" hole). It looks awful, but having this for a while will allow me to have a wagon, AND fix the rust issues on the OCC and get her all new paint.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Sounds like a good plan, Lynol.
At that price, you can part it out and maybe make a few bucks on it..after the OCC is back on the road!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:53 am

Looks like you did alright for the price, I paid a little more for the Rustmaster and it was in much worse shape rustwise. This is a good beater wagon turned parts car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:36 am

Good ideal!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:09 am

If you get really ambitious, you could swap the drivetrain to the OCC.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:24 am

I'm picking it up Saturday... looking forward to cleaning it up and assessing the rust. If the Posi rear works correctly, I'd like to try and keep it through this winter. I hated not having a wagon all last winter; first year in my tenure of driving that I've had only sedans on the road. Oh, and check this out, on the way home I got passed by a '93 or '94 Fleetwood Hearse. Still operated by a funeral home too. It's one of those fancy ones with the raised window frames on the doors. Tried to catch up to him again to get a pic of the front, since that's really the only way I knew it was a Fleetwood, but he was hauling a$$... then got off this exit.
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... 05211310
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:05 am

Hey glad to see you're still around! Neat new toy! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Lynol wrote:
Tried to catch up to him again to get a pic of the front, since that's really the only way I knew it was a Fleetwood, but he was hauling a$$... then got off this exit.
What's the hurry? No matter how fast he drives, dude in the back will always be referred to as 'late'. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Speaking of not having a wagon... sooner or later I will post up pics of how I put a 22' ladder in my 9C1 last night.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:26 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Speaking of not having a wagon... sooner or later I will post up pics of how I put a 22' ladder in my 9C1 last night.

I never thought of you as a Redneck Joel, but now I wonder!!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:39 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:

Hope you didn't do like this guy!
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... LadderCar
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Nice toy for $600. I would be worried about the rust though.

I need to post pics of the yard lumber / topsoil mine hauled...
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:15 pm

s1l1sc wrote:
Nice toy for $600. I would be worried about the rust though.

I need to post pics of the yard lumber / topsoil mine hauled...

The rust doesn't bother me much, I've driven some bad wagons before, and this is nothing compared to some of them lol! (the '96 Rustmaster for one) That said, I'll be this wagons last owner. I'm hoping to get 7-8 months out of it. If I do, I'll be happy. I'm going to post some pics of the rust once I get it home this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Can't go wrong for that money Smile. Good job!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Null_zps3932c138

lets start a $600 club!!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:56 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Null_zps3932c138

lets start a $600 club!!
I like yours better! One of my favorite color RMWs you've got there.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah Nick loves blue! Razz
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Can't go wrong for that money Smile. Good job!

Ditto! Very cool!

And Nick...what's the story on the WB4?? For $600???
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:58 am

Got the car home OK on Saturday. The slight water pump leak the car had when I looked at it turned into a serious leak, so Dave (95BRMW) and I changed it the parking lot before we left. The car then made it about 5 miles before mis-firing, which ended up being an incorrectly routed #7 cyl. plug wire. That plus totally shot shocks and strong cross-winds made for a fun ride. I have some cleaning to do and I'll take some pics of my new piece of junk.
Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Dave_w10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...   Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon withdrawal makes you do silly things...
Page 1 of 1