GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Empty
PostSubject: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Does anyone know if the long chrome trim on the quarter panel of the Roadmaster wagons are all the same? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the door trim attaches differently on the older sedans and but I don't remember seeing anything about the wagons. I have a 96 wagon, and I have the trim from an older (with the smaller mirrors) year unknown wagon that I got at a Florida junkyard. I need to know because yesterday my wife decided to hit the retaining wall next to our driveway, and she messed up the quarter and both doors pretty good. We have full coverage, so that is not an issue, but I want to find out ASAP about that trim. Thanks, Mark.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Mark

Fred K would be the guy who knows, but I know years 94 to 96 are the same. Not 100% sure but I think 91 to 93 are attached differently.

Need to get your wife a "winter beater".

Tom
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 pm

She is mortified. She has never had any type of accident, and to run into our retaining wall in broad daylight, sober, not talking on the phone, nothin', she is not happy. We have a big governor's driveway, and it curves downhill, so it can be a little tricky. But, she has done it a thousand times at night, with snow, you name it, and never come close to hitting it. Oh well, **** happens I guess.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 pm

the roadmaster wagon belt line trim never changed from 91-96. it will all interchange.

the differance was with the roadmaster sedans, the sedans belt line trim was changed to chrome plated plastic in 95-96 and used 3M double sided tape instead of the clips used with the stainless trim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:35 pm

The RMW trim will fit all years, but the clips are different after 94. Before 94 the clips fit on T pins, and after they use a fastener through the door like the FW. I have seen both styles in the yards.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Fred, the car I parted was the white Roady wagon you saw when we met at the Sarasota pick a part. It had the multi color (black and yellow if I remember) clips on the car. I have not taken mine apart to see what it has, but I guess based on what you are saying, what ever clips are on my car, the chrome trim will fit to it?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm

I believe we may have met at the Clearwater LKQ. The chrome will fit on any car if the clips are there. There are black, red, yellow, and white (maybe a couple more colors). The shape is the same, just the attachment is different to the car body/doors.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:04 am

You are right, it was in Clearwater. Thanks for the clarification about the molding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
She is mortified. She has never had any type of accident, and to run into our retaining wall in broad daylight, sober, not talking on the phone, nothin', she is not happy. We have a big governor's driveway, and it curves downhill, so it can be a little tricky. But, she has done it a thousand times at night, with snow, you name it, and never come close to hitting it. Oh well, **** happens I guess.

If you want to get on her good side and calm her down,just blame it on old age! What a Face Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Oh yea, considering she is a few years older than me, great idea! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Oh yea, considering she is a few years older than me, great idea! Laughing

So I guess calling her your old lady is out of the question? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Not if I ever want to see the light of day again!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 am

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Not if I ever want to see the light of day again!! Laughing

That was a touchy subject with one of my last girlfriends since she was 5 years older.Maybe thats why she,s went like a bat out of h**l a while back,sure does explain a few things. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:41 am

No, my wife is an extremely careful driver, which is why this is so weird. Like I said before, we have this big governor's driveway, and it curves and goes down hill at the same time. She just mis judged it, I guess. I just got off the phone with State Farm, and since we have never had a claim, our rates won't go up. On the plus side, there was minor damage to the right quarter panel before, but this new damage covers the old right up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel   Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon quarter panel chrome trim panel
Page 1 of 1