GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tune up questions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chevy5seven

chevy5seven

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:08 am

Need some help guys.
1) Where is fuel filter located?  On frame me thinks.
2) What is a normal fuel pressure?  91 305 TBI
3) What is best way to hook a pressure guage up? In line at fuel filter, if it is on frame?.
4) In doing a tune up, should I replace rotor cap?
5) Electronic ignition?  No points and condensor.  I am sure it does not have these but since I have got to       work and didn't look last night it is bugging me.

Got some terrible skipping.  Almost every plug wire is arcing in at least 1 place.  Doing a tune up and thought I would check the fuel pressure also.

Guys, thanks, I know some of this is entry level questions.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 am

I can help you out with one question, maybe.  On 94 - 96's, the gas filter is located on the frame, in front of rear wheel, drivers side. I'm guessing it's the same for all years.

Tom

Last edited by silverfox103 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 am

Fuel pressure gauge installation between the fuel pod and inlet pipe, is a PITA. At least it was for me. If you're serious about it I would recommend getting the fuel lines from a caddy that has the valve already inline that fred found. Hopefully he will jump in here with that information.
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:23 pm

91 305, fuel filter right in front of passenger rear wheel..mounted on frame.

If you are having ignition problems, change plugs, wires, cap and rotor..maybe coil too. I just finished doing all of that and it came down to timing..so after you do all that check the timing...

I went as far as timing chain and sprockets...long story.
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:25 pm

if you have a miss or faulter after all that, do the EGR Delete..

Normal fuel pressure is 9-14 lbs I think.
Back to top Go down
chevy5seven

chevy5seven

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Update....new plugs, wires, rotor, and cap. Got it all changed Saturday just before High School reunion,
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Also, you may want to replace the ignition control module too. I had two go bad on two seperate caprices after I did a tune up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tune up questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up questions.   Tune up questions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tune up questions.
Page 1 of 1