GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woodgrain re-do

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andebe

Andebe

Woodgrain re-do Empty
PostSubject: Woodgrain re-do   Woodgrain re-do Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Anybody ever paint over the wood grain on the OCC dash and door trim? Looking to make it a little sportier. Tips?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Woodgrain re-do Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain re-do   Woodgrain re-do Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 pm

The surface has a texture to it. I would consider replacing it with a turned aluminum panel with black powdercoating.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Woodgrain re-do Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain re-do   Woodgrain re-do Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:52 am

I was considering a matt gray finish,sorta scuffed metal looking...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Woodgrain re-do Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain re-do   Woodgrain re-do Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 am

To keep with the Olds understated theme, unless you have a gray interior, satin black would be my choice. The textured surface should be sanded smooth, then put your finish on it. If you give it a look of brushed stainless steel, another interesting look would be to use small stainless pan head hex keyed screws evenly spaced around the edge of the panel at about 6 inch intervals.
Back to top Go down

Woodgrain re-do Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain re-do   Woodgrain re-do Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:19 am

I Have a RMW and I painted the dash front(woodgrain part) with the black wrinkle finish paint. It is cheap and easy to use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Woodgrain re-do Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain re-do   Woodgrain re-do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woodgrain re-do
Page 1 of 1