GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New brakes....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

New brakes.... Empty
PostSubject: New brakes....   New brakes.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:58 pm

New brakes, and while I was in there.... I cleaned, and degreased everything, then spray bombed it all. I've put A1 Cardone re-man calipers on before a few times, and have had problems with them seizing after a year or so. I tried Centric stuff this time, we'll see how they work. I almost sold a bunch of tools to buy the Core 3 kit, but I still want some Buick road wheels and the Core 3 kit would make that impossible.... then thought about the HD12 set up from Navylifer, but couldn't see spending the same amount as the Core kit, and still having 12" rotors. In the end I cheeped out and went all stock replacement, other than the braided flex hose. A new master cyl. is coming next week, now back to work on the BMW headlights.
On a side note, I found some silicone caps used for covering a caulk tube work great to keep the brake hard line from leaking while installing the new hoses, and calipers.
New brakes.... IMG_0903_1_zpscb71d27c
New brakes.... IMG_0905_1_zps791718c4
New brakes.... IMG_0907_1_zps32e84828
Back to top Go down

New brakes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New brakes....   New brakes.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:20 pm

I have a set of lightly used zinc coated and slotted rotors and braided lines just cant decide on the calipers to use.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

New brakes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New brakes....   New brakes.... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:54 pm

looks good Mike!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

New brakes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New brakes....   New brakes.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Next time use an umbrella or an 18" 2x4 between the seat and the brake pedal and put a little pressure on the brake pedal to cover the bleed ports, and you won't lose any fluid.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

New brakes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New brakes....   New brakes.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Don't forget to bed in the brakes.  Much improved brake feel, and reduced rotor wear.  

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/bed-in-theory-definitions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

Plan to be able to drive 10 miles at highway speeds before you put the car away to fully cool them off.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

New brakes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New brakes....   New brakes.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Don't forget to bed in the brakes.  Much improved brake feel, and reduced rotor wear.  

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/bed-in-theory-definitions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

Plan to be able to drive 10 miles at highway speeds before you put the car away to fully cool them off.

Did it, all set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New brakes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New brakes....   New brakes.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New brakes....
Page 1 of 1