HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarkH

MarkH

Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Empty
PostSubject: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I posted this in the Electronic Area too:

Here's a video of the car not starting. Like I said on my other post, it'll crank but not fire. During the winter months when it's cold and wet, if I put a space heater under the front for about 30mintues it'll fire right up. But since it's warm and humid now, it won't fire it if sits for more than 1 day.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here are the codes that were given when we hooked it up to the code reader.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thoughts, comments... ANYTHING will be helpful! WANT MY WAGON BACK!!!
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:45 pm

first guess is the coil wire is nfg,.
pull it off and check the tower on the coil

get the car running at night,,take a spray bottle of water
( like a windex bottle) and mist over the wires,. if the car stumbles and u see a light show,, new wires is your problem,.
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:55 pm

OK... the coil is brand new as of last September.... I'll try the wire. Hell of a lot cheaper than everything else.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm

OK second guess,. pull the opti spark vent harness tubes off and blow them out,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
goodbudwrnch329

goodbudwrnch329

PostSubject: Re: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:38 pm

i had the same problem with my car. coming home from work in 14 deg weather the car died out. hard to start stumble and die. replaced optispark, ignition module(several times) coil was replaced before. found sparking from coil tower reflecting on top coolant hose clamp. replaced coil and started everyday since. lerned lesson......autozone partsSUCK!!!!
Back to top Go down
dm95dcm

dm95dcm

PostSubject: Re: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:49 pm

I will just throw out something that alot of people overlook for driveability issues. This happened to me a couple years back when I had starting issues on damp days. Got the codes scanned and ended up with 6 codes for emissions, computer voltage and others. I started at a GM dealer, and they were unable to help. I was poking around and unexpectedly found my issue. Take off the air filter box to access the ECM computer underneath. It sits on the front part of the fender liner on the drivers side. Undo the plastic housing for the computer and lift up. Check the wiring coming out of the computer. Mine had worn through on 5 or 6 wires and was shorting out on the metal fender liner. 2 wires were completely worn through and broken. A half an hour of soldering and heat shrink and all codes were gone and driveability was restored! Let me know if this helps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO   Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Won't Fire in Humid Weather - VIDEO
Page 1 of 1