GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do I remove the door panels on my 91?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Porkwagon

Porkwagon

How do I remove the door panels on my 91? Empty
PostSubject: How do I remove the door panels on my 91?   How do I remove the door panels on my 91? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:47 pm

My passenger door panel is coming off towards the bottom, short of just yanking on the thing, what is the proper way to remove the entire panel? Also can I buy the clips that have broken off at any parts store ? (im assuming clips have broken off)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the door panels on my 91?   How do I remove the door panels on my 91? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Easy.

First, remove the armrest. Two screws.
Then remove the screw behind the door handle on the bezel. Remove the bezel and unplug the connectors.
Next, down near the pocket, at the back of the door panel, there's a hidden screw in the carpet. Remove this. Then use a panel tool and pry around the corners to pop the other clips off.

Then just lift it straight up. Easier with the window down, in my experience.
Back to top Go down
Porkwagon

Porkwagon

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the door panels on my 91?   How do I remove the door panels on my 91? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Awesome, thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the door panels on my 91?   How do I remove the door panels on my 91? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:47 pm

If you have the straps, you have to remove the screws that hold them as well. The screw at the rear of the pocket is not in the carpet, it is just above it. When you have all of the screws removed, and the tree fasteners loose, pull the panel out about 6-8 inches at the bottom, and while pushing up on the rear of the panel, slap the top at the edge. There are 3 points where there are slots in the door, and lips on the panel. You can smack the middle and front as well if they are difficult to get off. If they have been abused, sometimes they have gouges in the top edge of the lip, and it can make getting the panel off difficult. You can pull the bottom of the panel out to look at them if necessary. I have used a screwdriver to assist the lip in clearing from under the slot in the door. The switch panel can be released from the front of the panel, by reaching under it, and pushing on the clip that holds it. You must remove the wiring from the seat and window switches to get the panel completely off of the door. There is also a connector for the courtesy light about the middle of the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the door panels on my 91?   How do I remove the door panels on my 91? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I remove the door panels on my 91?
Page 1 of 1