GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the best wax

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 pm

What is the best kind of wax for shining up the wagon real nice and getting it looking brand new.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 pm

How many times a year do you want to wax it?
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:57 pm

I'd say 15-20
Back to top Go down
MacMasterMike

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Dont know if you want to go down the rabbit hole that is paint detailing but waxes don't "shine" paint they protect it. A man on youtube by the username junkman2000 has very insightful videos for paint detailing that will have your car shining like a mirror. The process is time consuming and requires some specialized tools and products but i get something out of the whole process. There are a few resident pro-detailers on this forum who may or maynot chime in.

If you want a product that has fillers to mask and hide swirls marks in your paint probably any generic stuff at an auto parts store will do the trick.
Back to top Go down

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Junkman 2000 is the best,I have been watching his videos for years.He really makes an effort to explain everything he,s doing and why.Have you ever seen his blue vette that almost glows in the dark because of the shine?Great way to learn about detailing.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:24 am

I've always been a fan of Meguiars products. I use their NXT line on my cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
sherlock9c1

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 am

Technology has moved forward. You should look into coatings like Optimum Polymer Technologies' "Opticoat 2.0."

It's a synthetic permanent paint coating. See here:
http://prodetailing.blogspot.com/2012/04/optimum-opticoat-review-after-2-years.html

I will say that there's a knack to applying it that I'm still trying to master. I will also continue applying wax in order to continously fill rock chips and other small scratches in my light-colored vehicles to prevent rust.
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 am

Ahhh that sounds incredible thank you for all the advise I'm definitely looking into every suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:06 pm

You know, we have a vendor on this forum that supplies just such products.......

Give me a call and I can walk you through the correct process for your application.

Link in signature.
Back to top Go down
MacMasterMike

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Technology has moved forward.  You should look into coatings like Optimum Polymer Technologies' "Opticoat 2.0."  

It's a synthetic permanent paint coating. See here:
http://prodetailing.blogspot.com/2012/04/optimum-opticoat-review-after-2-years.html

I will say that there's a knack to applying it that I'm still trying to master.   I will also continue applying wax in order to continously fill rock chips and other small scratches in my light-colored vehicles to prevent rust.

That product looks pretty good but youre still going to need to know how to correct paint damage for bringing back the shine. Does look like a wicked sealant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best wax   the best wax Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the best wax
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: