GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!

Go down 
+4
silverfox103
Lynol
81X11
goodbudwrnch329
8 posters
AuthorMessage
goodbudwrnch329

goodbudwrnch329

Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 pm

I think I got this (post correct?). well let me tell you a story about how I got my woody. first it was my brothers car. which he despises gm products especially after this car. it almost spent more time in the garage than he drove it. Then about the time I had twin boys born he decided to by a grand marquis. he loves ford products, and vw's, but that's another issue. so since I now have 3 kids he figured he would cut me a deal on the wagon. 1500 and it your to fix. needed optispark and water pump which he already bought. me being a mechanic ummm sure!!
So I tow it home, replace the parts and runs good for a couple of years. by the way, I did race his 04 merc with my 95 RMW. well to be fair he only had a 4.6 to my 5.7. end of story, I got a jump on him and kept puling away. only way he would catch me is @110 mph my ignition cuts off and he can still go. after some time thought I had to replace the optispark again. when it rained or heavy moisture in the air car would not start. changed optispark , ignition mod. and coil. again after some time wouldn't start. also quit on me on the way home from work in 14 degree weather. also changed fuel pump, filter, relay. work good for a time and crap out again. finially found I had a bad coil. I needed a second person to crank the engine while I looked under hood. saw spark glowing from top radiator hose clamp (reflection of bad coil arcing). changed coil and coil wires. no more problems. BTW, about the time my wagon was now dependable any day, any time, he 01 beetle was on the hook more often than my wagon ever was. HAHAHAHAHA. I tesed him about of course. he was always dissing the gms. that led up to 2 yrs ago. now its time to replace plugs and wires, tires, and renew the plates. over $600 woth to put into it and its rusted pretty badly. holes in the left rear wheel well where seat belt anchor is supposed to be?!?!?! cant use the belt and get a breeze in car in winter. kids don't like the back seat any more. do I fix or get rid of it??? different anwser different day. i'm not a body person to fix rust holes but had dreams of hot rodding it out with tubbed rear end. that's a lot more money. another random thought....anyone fix their suspension enough to auto cross their big wagon. something different!!!! I'll figure a way to post pic of it. thanks for reading this. might have rambled on but it was a funny story living it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Welcome to the madness,sounds like you already have plenty to talk about!lol! 
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Welcome to the forum and please post pics when you can.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
goodbudwrnch329

goodbudwrnch329

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 pm

I got excited to see the custom work some people have done to their car. never new the wagons were so popular. think I need to keep mine!!
HI mike, i'm Mike also. I like the listings of your cars on your posts. I need to figure out how to do the same. I not partial to ford,gm or dodge since I have one of each. also have a 95 ram 1500 and 00 windstar
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. In addition to my GM's, I also own two Fords and a Dodge. They all have their own pluses and minuses. And with all of them comes a point when you're trying to fix something and you say "WHO DESIGNED THIS!!???!?!?!?" When you can you should take some pics of the rusty areas you're concerned with. I'm sure a bunch of folks would be able to give you input. I've had some rusty wagons in the past too, lol. Some not so savable.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:33 pm

goodbudwrnch329 wrote:
I like the listings of your cars on your posts. I need to figure out how to do the same.

Mike you need to go to your profile and then signature, to add your cars.

Tom
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Several folks auto cross our cars. Most of the Impala SS components swap to ours (91-96). Rear control arms, tubular front control arms. Front sway bars, bushings, etc. (rear is wider than sedan). Talk to toomanytoyz for specifics. He is the most active poster that autocrosses.

Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Welcome to the madness . These cars are fun to own & great for those of us with kids or pets . The folks on here have a wealth of info about our addiction . But anyway glad to have you with us .
Back to top Go down
goodbudwrnch329

goodbudwrnch329

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:50 am

well, i managed to change my avatar picture and my signature, listing my cars. still having trouble getting picture of them up on my posts. been busy last week or so. had a chance to play with it and resized picture to well within limits to gallery but wont upload. says file too large or corrupted?? any help would be appreciated. MIKE
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:56 am

goodbudwrnch329 wrote:
now its time to replace plugs and wires, tires, and renew the plates. over $600 worth to put into it and its rusted pretty badly. holes in the left rear wheel well where seat belt anchor is supposed to be?!?!?! cant use the belt and get a breeze in car in winter.
Don't know if it's a recent picture, but your car still looks pretty decent. "Plugs and wires, tires, and renew the plates" that's stuff you have to do on any car. For whatever reason they like to rust where the seatbelt connects. I think I would fix it; it is your daily driver.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Hey there and welcome aboard.

Read this thread on how to post pics:
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics

When I bought my 94 wagon for 1000 I had to dump 900 in it right away to get it good on the street. 95,000 miles later it has cost me an AC compressor, starter, and fuel pump. that's it and I'd drive to Cali tomorrow. She has 222K on it now.

Rust? well that's a whole different issue Sad
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Welcome! Post often and pix are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
goodbudwrnch329

goodbudwrnch329

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:56 pm

ok test for picture post #1Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! IMAG0011_zpsd9a5c605
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!   Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie to the forum!!! had my 95 RMW for 8 yrs!!
Page 1 of 1