GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steel-and-fire

Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter   Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:09 am

When I was trying to find my first car, the first old wagon I test drove was a very late 80s Ford Country Squire.  Restyled Front with woodgrain, but the transmission lost its overdrive.  Kinda of the deal killer there since this was the rally vehicle.  If it hadn't, a fuel injected ford would have been the current love affair/nightmare.

One thing I noticed when I was looking all around the car was that the back passenger doors had not only ashtrays, but also cigarette lighters.  Two things went through my mind:
1) A family car that could have kids in the back has cigarette lighters and ashtrays.
2) Every door is a power outlet.

I know the rear of the GM wagons have those ashtrays for the rear passengers, so I wonder how hard it would be to replace them with power jacks.  Has anyone tried?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter   Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:06 pm

I did this a while ago...

Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter 100_1373

Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter 100_1374

Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter 100_1375
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter   Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:08 pm

I wonder why GM never did this in the Buicks. The Fleetwoods had sockets in the rear doors.
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter   Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:38 pm

95BRMW wrote:
I wonder why GM never did this in the Buicks.  The Fleetwoods had sockets in the rear doors.
That wasn't an oversight, think about the intended use and market positioning. Which is to say the wagons were intended to be used as family vehicles and were marketed as such.

By GM hierarchy, the Cadillac would have features & options not available on a Buick sedan, and the intended rear seat passenger would be more mature and/or affluent.

Following the same philosophy, all four seats were heated on the '01 Seville, and the rear door lock buttons would lock/unlock all four doors, but there is no way that feature would be desirable on a car where children were more than occasional rear seat passengers.

- J

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter   Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Passenger Cigarette Lighter / Power Adapter
Page 1 of 1