GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AMAZON has our tank straps for sale

Go down 
+7
Roadagon
Fred Kiehl
Cadet57
95BRMW
phantom 309
Olds Weighty Eight
Krzdimond
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Empty
PostSubject: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:52 am

Well, that's the part number Spectra stamped on the set they made for me.

Look at that. They finally came through. Egads.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Rock Auto has them for $47.79 before the 5% discount.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Good thing too,. i see wagons everywhere with the tanks dragging behind them on the ground,. it's a real problem,..

oh wait,. is it a cosmetic thing??
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Yes. As a courtesy to road kill everywhere, the last thing they see needn't be rusty wagon tank straps. tongue 

AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb61IDr8G0tJnq4lpi7zWYXr8RuLz3opcswfoN6SG2_lSaZhWNGQ
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
Yes. As a courtesy to road kill everywhere, the last thing they see needn't be rusty wagon tank straps. tongue 

AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb61IDr8G0tJnq4lpi7zWYXr8RuLz3opcswfoN6SG2_lSaZhWNGQ
Funny place to take a nap,...
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Bout damn time! I ordered what was apparently the last set rock auto had 2 months ago and thought I'd never see another one
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:37 pm

I might just go order a set for spares Laughing 

TX Mike has no concept of what we speak of. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:49 pm

The only thing I have to worry about is wearing mine out going in and out of my dad's driveway. It is nice to know that I am not going to have to drag them out from under junkyard wagons any more.
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:48 am

Yep,I agree,I havent crawled around junkyards for some time,but when I go to change my fuel pump
if my tank straps look marginal ,I will be getting a set from amazon. Seems like I always ended up
getting stung by bees when I went tramping around junk yards. ed
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:22 am

Just reading it, thanks for the good tip. My tank straps are ready to go for sure...
Pete
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Well, I replaced the tank straps e few weeks back, and now there is a problem. I can't fill her up till full anymore. It looks like  there is a gallon or 2-3 missing, and after refuelling the fuel gauge doesn't go any futher than between full and 3/4. (do i still make any sense?)
I had the tank on stands, so it wasn't dropped but putting on the straps was very tight.
Ideas, anyone?
Pete
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Chances are when the sender mechanism was inserted that it was twisted or bent thereby giving you false readings.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:42 am

Did you measure the new straps and compare them to the old ones? My first suspect is the straps are compressing the plastic tank a little to much considering you stated putting them on was "very tight". If this is the case I would think the length of the straps are correct but the risers, or the parts that curve around the tank and mount to the frame are shorter.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes, i compared them with the old ones. I put her on stands yesterday and i don't see any signs of "compression". I even compared it with different pics i found on the forum.
Pete
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Stingroo sent an OEM set to the manufacturer for them to copy. They should be exactly the same as the OEM parts.
Back to top Go down
nickyace

nickyace

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:07 pm

I ordered one set of e-bay and then called the parts house I deal with,as they carry Spectra radiators and gave them the 185 number. Next day they delivered them for 45.70. I figured with 3 wagons, it wouldn't hurt to have a spare set. I might actually order another one , so everyone has a new set!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMAZON has our tank straps for sale   AMAZON has our tank straps for sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AMAZON has our tank straps for sale
Page 1 of 1