HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

avatar

Posts : 4460
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 69
Location : Largo, FL 33774

PostSubject: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 am

I need to have a part picked up in Mt. Dora, FL, and shipped. If you live really close the Mt. Dora and can work with me, I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

avatar

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2008-11-04
Location : Palm Beach County

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Fred, I don't think there is anyone from Orlando on here, you are probably the closest. May try the ISSF.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

avatar

Posts : 4460
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 69
Location : Largo, FL 33774

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:23 pm

I posted there too.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel



Posts : 899
Join date : 2009-01-05
Age : 65
Location : Manotick, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Florida has a mountain???

Bill
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

avatar

Posts : 4460
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 69
Location : Largo, FL 33774

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:17 pm

It is probably about 30 feet above sea level...that is a mountain down here. BTW, It is Mount, not mountain, which may not have anything to do with altitude.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

avatar

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2009-08-01
Age : 52
Location : Lewisberry, PA

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:58 am

Yeah the FLA mountains. They are on the expressway between St. Pete and Miami. Up north we call it a landfill!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

avatar

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2008-11-04
Location : Palm Beach County

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 am

FL has some hills at least.  Mostly in the panhandle which is quite different than the peninsula:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida's_highest_points
 
This list is incomplete as I know there is Hobe Mountain in Johnathan Dickenson State Park near me which is around 70ft above sea level.
 
I'm more familar with this ridge which is in the center of the peninsula:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wales_Ridge
which also has a hill around 300 ft.
 
As for the landfills, I would not be surprised if some of them exceed the natural high point in FL as I've been on a couple that are 200+.


Last edited by Sprocket on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel



Posts : 899
Join date : 2009-01-05
Age : 65
Location : Manotick, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 pm

I guess that's what happens when you take a swamp and turn it into a State.

Bill
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

avatar

Posts : 5661
Join date : 2008-12-28
Age : 107

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 pm

mount dora??

perhaps it was not named topographically

but rather just graphically,.
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

avatar

Posts : 130
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 66
Location : Springfield, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Maybe 'mount' is a verb.......?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

avatar

Posts : 4460
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 69
Location : Largo, FL 33774

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:55 pm

This has degenerated to a point that I would like to take my name off of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

avatar

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2008-11-04
Location : Palm Beach County

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:34 pm

mount dora is 184 ft above sea level which is in the clouds for peninsula FL.

Back to top Go down
convert2diesel



Posts : 899
Join date : 2009-01-05
Age : 65
Location : Manotick, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
This has degenerated to a point that I would like to take my name off of the thread.
Sorry for derailing your thread but I just couldn't resist. Florida is a lot of things, but mountainous is not one of them. Not unlike calling your new subdivision "Forest Ridge" than proceed to cut all the trees down.

Now lets get this thread back to the original request. Any one near Mt. Dora that could help Fred Out?

Bill
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

avatar

Posts : 5661
Join date : 2008-12-28
Age : 107

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:07 am

convert2diesel wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
This has degenerated to a point that I would like to take my name off of the thread.
Sorry for derailing your thread but I just couldn't resist.  Florida is a lot of things, but mountainous is not one of them.  Not unlike calling your new subdivision "Forest Ridge" than proceed to cut all the trees down.

Now lets get this thread back to the original request.  Any one near Mt. Dora that could help Fred Out?

Bill
Out of where? What? Who? When? Why?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

avatar

Posts : 4460
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 69
Location : Largo, FL 33774

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 am

phantom 309 wrote:
convert2diesel wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
This has degenerated to a point that I would like to take my name off of the thread.
Sorry for derailing your thread but I just couldn't resist.  Florida is a lot of things, but mountainous is not one of them.  Not unlike calling your new subdivision "Forest Ridge" than proceed to cut all the trees down.

Now lets get this thread back to the original request.  Any one near Mt. Dora that could help Fred Out?

Bill
Out of where? What? Who? When? Why?
Give it a break, dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   

Back to top Go down
 
Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» English Close the Freeport Case, EXPRESSO, 12.11.09
» 11 year-old girl shot for playing too close to a car
» A member wants to close account. How to do it? Options?
» Castle Craig Death was "Avoidable"
» Ben Browning

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: