GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Empty
PostSubject: WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable    WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Sick of staring at my broken power antenna so I'd like to swap it to a manual one. Looking for just the base, grommet and cable. PayPal ready or will trade/partial trade anything in my for sale thread.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable    WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm

good luck it took me 9 months to find a good base retaining nut that wasn't all corroded (in Texas of course).

You also realize you will have to get to the underside to mount it (it I don't think itll drop in from the top)?
May be worth it to have Fred repair your broken one. I think he does and core return deal (mail in you broken on and he ships the fixed one). That's what I would do if I had to get all the way in there. (or fix it myself).
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable    WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 pm

I really don't use the radio so fixing it isn't worth the money. I was just going to swap it to an 8" steel stubby antenna.

Metra makes a universal kit that has five different bases I might just go with if I can't find one.

That's how I figured it installed, but the wheel well has to come out to get the broken power one out anyways.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable    WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Wheel well only needs to be loosened. Bolts from back bottom to top. You can use a Pep Boys fixed mast kit, works perfectly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable    WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:55 pm

^ What he said.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable    WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:00 am

I have a fixed mast base, and I will trade you for your broken power antenna. EvenĀ up I ship to you, you ship to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable    WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB/WTT Manual/fixed antenna base & cable
Page 1 of 1