GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB Roadmaster Roof rack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
COL

COL

WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Empty
PostSubject: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:34 pm

I am looking to buy a roof rack from a Roadmaster. Got one? PM me.WTB Roadmaster Roof rack DSCN0343
Thanks
Dick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Come on y'all! Doesn't someone have one of these? I have two but one is broken and I need two for a car top carrier I bought for a long, long trip.
Dick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 am

I could have gotten you one about a week ago. I did not grab it, because they usually take a long time to sell. The roof protector strips are supposed to hold a carrier, the slider supports the rear, and there are attachment points along the sides. If it is too long, the small ridge along the front is to protect your bodywork.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:40 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I could have gotten you one about a week ago. I did not grab it, because they usually take a long time to sell. The roof protector strips are supposed to hold a carrier, the slider supports the rear, and there are attachment points along the sides. If it is too long, the small ridge along the front is to protect your bodywork.
Fred
The YAKIMA 15s rack I have has four clamshell clamps that tighten from inside the box. Mine will sit on both racks and the ridge at the front. For safety sake I will use the tie down at the points on the body too.

I will shoot some photos for the group. I repaired my rack but want another. I bought the two racks a year ago and traded my black OCC one (to you). One of them I bought was damaged in shipment and the guy never made good on it. It was only eye candy until now.

A GMLRF member has contacted me and thinks he has one. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I will post in this thread when I get one. Thanks.
Dick

Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 am

COL wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
Fred
The YAKIMA 15s rack I have has four clamshell clamps that tighten from inside the box.  Mine will sit on both racks and the ridge at the front.  For safety sake I will use the tie down at the points on the body too.

I will shoot some photos for the group.  I repaired my rack but want another.  I bought the two racks a year ago and traded my black OCC one (to you).  One of them I bought was damaged in shipment and the guy never made good on it.  It was only eye candy until now.

A GMLRF member has contacted me and thinks he has one.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I will post in this thread when I get one.  Thanks.
Dick

FRED I wanted to point out the guy who sold me the chrome racks (one broken) was not in the forum. I sent him pictures for his insurance but he never followed up. My lesson in life. I just wrote it off.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:31 pm

The racks are not extremely strong. The ends are cast out of pot metal, and can crack at the ends of the oval tube. I have seen at least 3 of them that were broken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Would the tall racks from the 94 thru 96 wagons work better with the Yakima rack than the low profile ones from the 91 thru 93s?They seem to be much better made than the early ones were.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Would the tall racks from the 94 thru 96 wagons work better with the Yakima rack than the low profile ones  from the 91 thru 93s?They seem to be much better made than the early ones were.
The taller racks will fit in the tracks. The tracks for the RMs are the same for all years.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: tall racks   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:46 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:
Would the tall racks from the 94 thru 96 wagons work better with the Yakima rack than the low profile ones  from the 91 thru 93s?They seem to be much better made than the early ones were.
The taller racks will fit in the tracks. The tracks for the RMs are the same for all years.
I don't like the looks of the tall racks. I made a slight adaptation to the Yakima hold down clamps and it fits on the rack great. As for my broken one. I fixed it but would prefer another one if anyone can spare it.
Thanks...........
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: PHOTO   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:43 pm

[/quote]I don't like the looks of the tall racks.  I made a slight adaptation to the Yakima hold down clamps and it fits on the rack great.  As for my broken one.  I fixed it but would prefer another one if anyone can spare it.
Thanks...........[/quote] URL=https://s1150.photobucket.com/user/DickDeam/media/DSCN1259_zpsbf808e96.jpg.html]WTB Roadmaster Roof rack DSCN1259_zpsbf808e96[/URL]
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:46 pm

I haven't forgotten about you, I'm away until Saturday.

Jason.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Jayoldschool   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:25 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
I haven't forgotten about you, I'm away until Saturday.

Jason.
Thanks. That's cool
Back to top Go down
randumnumber

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 pm

I picked up 2 of the tall style black roof racks at the yard.. you want?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Roadmaster Roof rack   WTB Roadmaster Roof rack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Roadmaster Roof rack
Page 1 of 1