GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need some Olds parts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
95BRMW

95BRMW

Need some Olds parts Empty
PostSubject: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:23 pm

My "new" 92 OCC needs both driver's doors, anyone know of any for sale? I prefer to get them in dark maple, but any color will do if need be.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:24 am

Dave

From looking at the video, I think those doors are fixable. I don't think that there is that much damage. They still seem to shut good. Bring it to a few body guys.

We have a great body guy here. Maybe Jarrod will pop in and watch the video. PM him.

Tom
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 am

Once I get the car I'll take some pics, these doors (at least the front) are done. The impact caved in the side of the door and actually pushed in the lower part of the B-pillar a little (below the hinges). He had someone pull the door back out so it can close and open properly now.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:50 am

Didn't see all the damage, just what was on the video.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:12 am

The video (and in pics) doesn't look bad, seeing it in person really shows it.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 pm

There are a couple of OCCs in a yard near Lititz, PA. One of the members here, or on ISSF. picked some parts from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:49 pm

95BRMW wrote:
David,I was looking at your driveway picture and realized that at 29 you are well on your way to becoming our first B body wagon hoarder!I am so happy that I will be able to say I knew him back when he only had 5 B bodies and a Caddy.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 pm

95BRMW wrote:
My "new" 92 OCC needs both driver's doors, anyone know of any for sale?  I prefer to get them in dark maple, but any color will do if need be.
There is a white olds in my local yard.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:59 am

silverfox103 wrote:
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t8917-1992-olds-wagon-being-parted-out

Tom
Probably gone a while ago, plus Florida is a bit far.

Fred Kiehl wrote:
There are a couple of OCCs in a yard near Lititz, PA. One of the members here, or on ISSF. picked some parts from them.
Cool, I'll hit up the big board too.

Flasheroo wrote:
95BRMW wrote:
David,I was looking at your driveway picture and realized that at 29 you are well on your way to becoming our first B body wagon hoarder!I am so happy that I will be able to say I knew him back when he only had 5 B bodies and a Caddy.
I don't know, I think Sprocket earned that title a while back Very Happy  I knew this was gonna happen someday, I started hoarding tractors and when that got boring (and out of control) I started on cars Razz 

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
95BRMW wrote:
My "new" 92 OCC needs both driver's doors, anyone know of any for sale?  I prefer to get them in dark maple, but any color will do if need be.
There is a white olds in my local yard.
Is it a 92 by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:12 am

If you need front doors, the 91 and 92 are the same. The rear doors are different only in the holes for the fly away trim.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 am

Yeah, Unfortunately that maple 92 went to the yard about a month ago. I got to play strip the car in the dying light the night before it went away. I took what I could in the last hour of daylight but left so much Sad sniff sniff I did get most of the cladding off it (no rear bumper cover) so if you need any of those pieces LMK. It was a 92.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:35 am

Someone has access to one with red doors on the ISSF in the parts for sale/wanted section.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:53 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Someone has access to one with red doors on the ISSF in the parts for sale/wanted section.
I messaged him, but shipping would probably kill it. I wonder if doors can even be shipped without damaging the paint.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:15 am

If you put a piece of Styrofoam or double layer of bubble wrap on the painted surface and wrap it with shrinkwrap, Greyhound will ship them for about $95-110 per door. If you gut the door (no glass, and regulator it could be on the low side. The front door weighs about 80 pounds (65-70 gutted), rear a little less. The cost of having your doors fixed and painted will be in excess of the cost/shipping total.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some Olds parts   Need some Olds parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some Olds parts
Page 1 of 1