GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OldsSafari

Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Empty
PostSubject: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 am

Hello there all!

Been looking to get out to wagonfest for a couple years, but car problems and a crap previous employment along with a few other things kept me away.

The good news is I'm looking to get out to a lot of shows this year coming hopefully.

I'll be posting a build thread on here as soon as I get into my planned build this spring.

I see brokecello around here, I'm pretty sure you'll recognize my car from instagram hehe.  I'm on there as nightcruisin24.

I was going to post a pic but I'll have to wait 7 days to post links...

EDIT: There's attachments?!?! Well, here's one pic to show you what I have so far:
Attachments
Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Attachment1097962_10151603281278299_428771753_n.jpg
1987 Pontiac Safari
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(93 Kb) Downloaded 33 times
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Welcome to our little corner of the world.
Back to top Go down
OldsSafari

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:20 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome to our little corner of the world.  
Thanks! I noticed the 2014 dates are up, looks like I can make it out to the NY meet.

Don't worry, I'll keep my stereo down Wink 
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Welcome to the swamp.

Love the old boxys but it looks like you have some cancer issues. Isn't Ontario salt wonderful???

Stopped buying cars up here years ago. Would prefer to pay extra and get them south of the Mason Dixon line. Than you don't start with a problem.

You'll find lots of help here.

Bill
Back to top Go down
OldsSafari

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:07 am

convert2diesel wrote:
Welcome to the swamp.

Love the old boxys but it looks like you have some cancer issues.  Isn't Ontario salt wonderful???

Stopped buying cars up here years ago.  Would prefer to pay extra and get them south of the Mason Dixon line.  Than you don't start with a problem.

You'll find lots of help here.

Bill
I actually got quite lucky with this one, the spots you see on the doors are just surface, and I've got a few more surface spots around the car. The worst part is the swiss cheese driver side floor from 25 year old urethane letting water in. This car sat in indoor storage for approx 13 years, never seen a salt infested ontario winter. I grew up in one of these cars, it was an olds custom cruiser, I believe an 86 or so.

I'll be honest though, I'm doing what you mentioned, find a clean donor body and do the swap. All the little rust spots are adding up. But first I plan to rattle this one apart with 150 db(hopefully) of pure stereo stupidity, and keep a patina/rat rod theme to it.

I'll need all the help I can get, first on the list is a psychiatrist to help me with my addiction to this car. Know of any?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:30 am

Welcome!! Beautiful wagon! Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
OldsSafari

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 pm

brokecello wrote:

Welcome!!  Beautiful wagon! Smile

Chris
It's not that pretty, really.  It's pretty rough around the edges, but cleans up nice when I want it to.  I can credit that to the original chrome on this thing, it's still flawless!

But compared to your car, it's a long way away from that.  I really admire the clean, sinister look of it.  If I had something like that I wouldn't change a thing Smile 

...Except put it on air so it lays frame, that would be my version of it anyway lol

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I'll be sure to put up a build thread(Among the other forums I frequent) as soon as I dive into this thing in the spring.

Hope to meet some cool wagons this july at WF!
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:41 pm

cool wagon! i had an '86 pariseanne sedan last year around this time. see you at wagonfest hopefully!
Back to top Go down
OldsSafari

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 pm

benn wrote:
cool wagon! i had an '86 pariseanne sedan last year around this time. see you at wagonfest hopefully!
I shall be there Very Happy. Just got a lot planned for it so it'll probably be a little unfinished haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year   Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canuck looking to finally get down to Wagonfest next year
Page 1 of 1