GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon Empty
PostSubject: LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon   LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:53 pm

I am new to the boards on GM wagons. I picked up a 96 bu and love the thing. Is there anyone offering the pedal set,crossmember,emc etc. to stuff the LS2 with a 6 speed into my wagon?
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon   LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:34 am

You can use the F2B bracket kit found on Ebay and thru some other sources to mount the F body pedals to the B body firewall(hence the name). The LS2 swap is not for the faint at heart but can be done if you desire. The 6 speed swap into your wagon is fairly simple and there are quite a few LT1-6spd wagons around... If you do an LT-1 6spd swap, be sure to use the 6spd from a 94-7 F body. The 93 will work also and some prefer it but it does have different ratio's and being a 1 year only trans, makes it more difficult to find. Same thing with the LS swap, be sure to use a LS trans.

There are threads over on the[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] detailing the LS"X" swaps which are becoming more popular... We haven't imported any of that stuff over here, yet...

With that said, Welcome to the site and be sure to post up some pics!

L8R - Joe
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com

PostSubject: LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon   LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:23 am

Thanks for the info. What I have to put in the car is a comlete engine&trans from an 06 Corvette. I went on Ebay and could not find the adapter you mentioned. Am I searching wrong? I tried f2b adapter, pedals etc with no results. You mentioned other sources. Can you recall a specific? Thanks. Michael
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon   LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Here's a link to a completed auction... I would send them a message to ask if they have one or when they will have them available again. There are other options you can use but they require either A TON of fabrication (cut the firewall section for the pedals from an F body and weld it to the B body firewall) or are more expensive (A B Body High Performance ie. BBHP kit). Try the classifieds on NAISSO or the ISSF also. Put a WTB ad up.

Link to ebay auction... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon   LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Yes, that F2B bracket is very nice, and I think the price is very fair for what it saves - which is design and fabrication... neither of which I'm all that great at.

Here are some pictures of the F2B install on my car:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon   LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LS2 6 speed swap into 96 Roadmaster wagon
Page 1 of 1