GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oil cooler leak...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomhauers_93Wagon

Oil cooler leak...  Empty
PostSubject: Oil cooler leak...    Oil cooler leak...  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Welp I came out to warm my wagon up, the low oil light came on I moved it to find a nice puddle underneath her...I've already changed the oil cooler gaskets I even used rtv...

I don't what I could of did wrong or what could of went wrong already...

I did notice the metal o-rings the go into the cooler looked ok but the rubber looked a little worn...

Is this a big problem with these LT1's?

By the way its my new 96' RMW LT1...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler leak...    Oil cooler leak...  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Boomhauers_93Wagon wrote:
Welp I came out to warm my wagon up, the low oil light came on I moved it to find a nice puddle underneath her...I've already changed the oil cooler gaskets I even used rtv...

I don't what I could of did wrong or what could of went wrong already...

I did notice the metal o-rings the go into the cooler looked ok but the rubber looked a little worn...

Is this a big problem with these LT1's?

By the way its my new 96' RMW LT1...
try this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler leak...    Oil cooler leak...  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Well played sir lol... thanks alot, the hell with that aftermarket P.O.S. gasket!

Now issue is what could I get in there clean up the old old gasket? I thought I cleaned it a whole hell of alot better then I did...
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler leak...    Oil cooler leak...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:57 pm

I got in there ok with a razor blade, make sure its spotless.
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler leak...    Oil cooler leak...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:19 pm

Welp, I hope I did it right this time... I got a long old strightedged screw grinded it down razor thin, got it all out cleaned it up, used the gm gaskets and rtv...

I reinstalled everthing, I'm hoping it will cure with this love Pittsburgh weather I'll finish it up tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler leak...    Oil cooler leak...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil cooler leak...
Page 1 of 1