HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
seanb

PostSubject: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Thought I would ask because I can't find my tape measure. Anybody successful at stuffing a queen size in these wagons?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm

no
A queen is 60x80. A full size is 54 x 75. Full will still be tight but should work. I would suggest an air mattress or futon as they are more squishable.
Back to top Go down
seanb

PostSubject: Re: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Thanks. Wishful thinking that our whales could swallow a mattress whole.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Yes, but it will be sideways and you can't use it. But for transport it will work.
Box Springs I don't know, they don't bend...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:59 pm

The distance between the sides is 48 inches. front to back I believe is 78-84 inches. If the dimensions are within those, you are good to go. You could get a thick piece of memory foam, cut it to fit, and make a cover to keep it from shredding. Even some fairly resilient (firm) seat type foam would work as well. 3-4 inches thick should be sufficient.
Back to top Go down
seanb

PostSubject: Re: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:06 pm

I ended up just borrowing my in-laws pick-up. It ended up that it was a memory foam mattress, so I was able to fold it completely in half. It probably would have fit that way, but I didn't realize how flexible it was until we got there. Thanks for all the replies.
Back to top Go down
randumnumber

PostSubject: Re: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:39 pm

This is great, he asks if he can fit a mattress in the back of his wagon and everyone assumes he is trying to sleep in the back.. some of y'all been in trouble with the wife too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?   

Back to top Go down

Will a queen size mattress fit in our whales?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1