GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build

Go down 
+20
kadonte
buickestate
jasonlachapelle
lowlow37
1993 Roady-man
mtrhead79
Sprocket
stewzer55
95BRMW
81X11
BigBlackBeaSSt
Tom Wingo
phantom 309
silverfox103
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
jayoldschool
bamalongroof
Roadagon
brokecello
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Empty
PostSubject: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Saw Fred today and picked up that '95 Caprice Wagon he had for sale. As cool as Waterloo was...I'm glad he is in Charleston, SC now.  Little nicer spot to pick up a car from in Dec!

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo_zps202d8db3

Home safe and sound!

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Image_zpsea70fa92

Last edited by brokecello on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:39 pm

From the pictures it looks to be in very nice condition,what can you tell us about it? ed
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Chris looks very nice do you have plans for it?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Congrats! Nice to see Fred, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Thats a great picture of you two,wagon looks nice.Lots of awesome possibilities with that color too!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Thanks guys!

This is first time I've bought a wagon and became the "second" owner.  

1st owner was FairFax VA.  Wagon even came with a little dog tag.

It's an honest driver (94k miles) and pretty clean. 2.56, but I have some 3.08s and extra carrier I can swap in later. Needs some tinkering and new shocks, but that is pretty much it.  Plans are to clean it up and use it as a "company vehicle" for my music biz.  Oh, and hoping to slap some OZ wheels on later this winter :-)

Chris

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo1_zpse37eead7
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo2_zpsec177467
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Sweet! Nice score, dude... Good to see Fred, too! Smile
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Congrats! You left your lights on. Razz 

Want to visit the car's former home? LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:23 am

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Smiley-face-thumbs-up-14491322
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:39 am

Looken Good-nice ride - later Tom W
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:43 am

Way cool. Now sell me that Caddy!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Great pics and looks to be a really nice car too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Good to see Fred's still in the game, we need more pics!
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Need more pics! Looking forward to see what you do with this one.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Nice score!!!! Love that color. One of the first wagons I looked at back in 2001 was that color.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:50 am

I will get you guys more pics for sure!  I'm in my busy season with Christmas Programs / Concerts and stuff almost every night until Christmas.   So the wagon is parked on the pad for now. It's dark when I go to work, and dark when I get home.  So pics would not look that great right now...

I had a little issue with the power steering pressure line (where it goes into the steering box) so it will sit until I can fix that and do the other minor things that it needs.  The list so far...

*power steering pressure line
*new shocks / delete leaking rear air shocks
*add the external Trans cooler option
*replace coolant hoses and "T" / flush system.

Then it needs a good buffing / polishing / wax!!!  

I already installed a dash cover Smile   hehe  tongue 

I was a little bummed the power steering line decided to barf on my new concrete parking pad. Lol.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo_zps8e72ac1a
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Texas Mike,dont look at that steering box/sway bar or your evening will be ruined! lol! 
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Lol...it's seen winter before.  It's really not bad at all though...and I am pretty picky.

Quick shot before I change and head out to play.  I could fit 4 on my pad if I had too...  Wink

I really need to clean up that trail of fluid.  (ignore the tire marks though)

Sprocket, you might recognize that cable on the ground!! I am actually typing this post from my laptop, at home ON WIFI!!!! YES!! GOD BLESS U-VERSE!!! 2 years and we finally have real internet at home!!

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo_zps6abbf60e
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Steering gear looks great compared to the underside of that Blazer I got for my kiddo. I like that Blazer, it drives well...I just can't get under it without cursing.... Wink
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:58 am

brokecello wrote:

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo_zps8e72ac1a

Holy bulging hose!

When you do the lines order both, the other will start to leak right after you fix this one, they love doing that  Razz , Also, go with the 9c1 line, it has the built in cooler.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:28 am

Yeah, I already ordered both powersteering lines (from AC Delco on E-bay) ....but I didn't get the 9C1 ones!!  I didn't even think about that.  

Cr@p!  
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Crovo knows what's wrong with that pic....where are the flags?  lol

Glad you got hooked up buddy!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:54 pm

PS lines came in...

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo_zps2c518ec9
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Uverse is great, I sold it this last summer. Rust doesn't look too bad, but at the same time it looks like it has seen a few winters.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:24 am

Well, I ended up sick and in bed Christmas through Fri...which sucked since the weather was so nice...

BUT, I FINALLY am able to drive this wagon now.
I knocked out the following today:
-New Power Steering Lines
-Added external Trans Cooler/new lines
-New Cooling system hoses/Flush
-New 160 Tstat
-TB Bypass Mod
-AIR Pump/pipes deleted/manifolds capped
-Changed Oil
-Cleaned TB
-PCM Reflash

BOOM!

Now the AC wont work. lol. I suspect the Evap Core (and did believe it was going bad on the way home from Fred's)

Anyhow, more pics coming later..but here is a shot before I started ripping crap off...and another shot of the test drive.  Drove it up to Asheville and back.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo1_zpsfff2f727
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo2_zps252666b9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 2:37 am

Chris,when you get busy you really get BUSY.Wagon looking great already.Glad you,re feeling better too.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:23 am

Glad you were finally able to get it on the road!
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Looks good Chris is the 160 thermostat something you always run?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks guys! (and thank you Mike for the trans cooler too)

Yeah, I always run a 160 stat (matched with a PCM tune that slightly lowers the cooling fan activation too). To me, these run better without the AIR pump stuff, EGR and cooler temp.

Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 5:49 pm

looking good. i always like red
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Glad to hear you're better and getting the wagon back on the road.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:28 am

Thanks!!

I am feeling pretty good right now!  Got home and found my box of Bilsteins waiting!  This is my first ever full set (normally I just buy the Severe Service shocks)

Thank you Jasonlachapelle!

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo_zps25a91ecd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:13 pm

brokecello wrote:
Thanks!!

I am feeling pretty good right now!  Got home and found my box of Bilsteins waiting!  This is my first ever full set (normally I just buy the Severe Service shocks)

Thank you Jasonlachapelle!

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo_zps25a91ecd

Need to get my KYB hds mounted asap!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:21 am

Well, I didn't get the shocks in today...BUT I did pull out an old SS grille I had and tried it on.   I also used a "GM" emblem to help cover (mostly all) the ornament hole.  

I plan on getting the grille and mirrors painted body color once I "freshen up" the wagon later.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo1_zps50ebd01c
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo2_zps9f80d4e7

_____

Fred is doing something new with his cars....he told me this when I picked it up.  I'm sharing this so IF  you decide to buy something from Fred, ask that he not clear your engine bay.  

Since I am somewhat OCD about things...having clearcoat sprayed over dirt drives me nuts.   I started wiping down engine parts today with thinner.  Lol  

Here is an example of what the clear looks like after a few hundred miles on rubber parts (and I wiped it off with thinner...so not really that big a deal). I did paint that steering box when I replaced the lines too.  tongue 

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo3_zpse8cb291d
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo4_zpsa9f1d6d3
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:37 am

Spray nine is what i like to use to clean under the hood,.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Chris - that really transformed the front good before and after photos.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I've never heard of spray nine...will have to check it out!  I use Simple Green mostly.  (Purple Power for the really greasy stuff)

Today I took a little day trip to Augusta, GA and hit up the Pull A Part.   Was nice to have a wagon to throw parts in and not worry about getting stuff dirty  tongue 

Picked up a couple spare items for the Caprice and some things for the Fleetwood too.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo3_zps02c41701
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo4_zpsea165b04

When I got home...I was excited to see my new plate came in the mail!   Since this wagon will be doing a lot of music gear / musician hauling (and I also plan on putting some decals for my wedding music biz on this wagon too) I picked this plate.  I provide "Music 4 U"  

Boom!  Lol

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo5_zpsf8ded4c7
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:14 am

Did a little work yesterday on the wagon...just minor stuff.

I did get a universal cover for the Fleetwood and it barely fit behind Jade on the parking pad. Lol...  Someday I will have a carport (but I have to stop buying cars first)   Rolling Eyes  I keep going back and forth in my mind about keeping or selling the Fleetwood. Cara likes it and so do I. I get a lot of compliments on it when we take it around town. But do I need 3 cars? They are all paid for (and I figure the value of all 3 equals that of a typical American's car nowadays).

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo1_zps72b34f1d

I had one of those fender GM emblems covering the ornament hole.  Then I got a tip that there was a larger GM emblem (Off the trucks) and it filled the hole better.  

Small emblem
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo1_zps6a0a821e

Truck Emblem
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo2_zpsb5f26b12

__

It was too cold to really do any outdoor detail work...but the hood was oxidized and it was driving me nuts.  I let the wagon run to keep the hood warm and whipped out the DA Polisher.  

This is the stuff I use for light scratches and such....

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo5_zps38a1c34a

Before
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo2_zpsbd782ce7

Midway (half and half)
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo3_zpsf7bd0e01

After
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo4_zpsc584ad7e
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 pm

You can really see the difference in that hood and I like the black grill with the red bowtie and body it's not a bad look until you paint the grill surround. Jeff
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Very nice my friend, very nice.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Looking sharp! Needs Impala wheels!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 pm

81X11 wrote:
Looking sharp!   Needs Impala wheels!

Wink 
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Thanks guys!!

Rims are coming very soon! (not SS wheels though...I tried to buy some...but I think what I have coming will be sweeter!)

Chris
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Looking good Chris!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:08 am

Thanks!!

Well..lil sneak peek of my new wheels? More pics once the sun comes up (and they are clean!)

Before

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo1_zps769ea56b

After

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Photo2_zps400ea07e
Back to top Go down
lowlow37

lowlow37

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:35 am

Great looking wheels, ( and car of course ) ! What brand / model are the wheels? I would love them on my roadmaster..
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 am

Thanks! These are OZ Nova ST wheels (18in). They are used (about 9 years old I think?) and were drilled to match our 5x5 bolt pattern. You see a set pop up from time to time...but they are not available new anymore.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:43 pm

lowlow37 wrote:
Great looking wheels, ( and car of course ) !  What brand / model are the wheels? I would love them on my roadmaster..

lowlow37, there's a guy on ISSF who is selling a set but they are NOT drilled for the 5x5 bolt circle. You would need to have them redrilled.
The wheels are European, so you might find a set closer to home.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Those look very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next