GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdubsee

bdubsee

Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension   Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:43 pm

At 211k miles, Gilbert's front suspension is all used up. Here's the parts list for my big project for the next week:

• Control Arm Shaft
  • Control Arm Bushing - Upper
  • Upper Ball Joint
  • Control Arm Bushing - Lower
  • Lower Ball Joint
  • Coil Spring Insulator
  • Stabilizer Bar Link
  • Tie Rod End - Outer
  • Tie Rod End - Inner
  • Center Link
  • Damper
  • Idler Arm
  • Stabilizer Bar Bushing

Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension Img_2310

As a bonus, I get to replace the left rear shock that blew on first contact with the ground. If you're counting, I've now installed 3 KYBs on the rear. One has been good, the other two blown. Hopefully the fourth one will be the end of the shock project.
Back to top Go down
http://iambriancompton.com

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension   Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Brian,you are starting to scare me with your shock problems.Only thing I can think of was that the shocks sat for a long time in the horizontal position and the seals dryed up on the high side.Were the shocks that blew the first 2 you purchased?
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension   Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 am

I'll enjoy watching this project. I'd like to go through my front suspension, too, but not this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension   Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holiday Project: Rebuild the Front Suspension
Page 1 of 1